7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2016 2:20 AM by iahflyr RSS

Two recent great points stays

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just wanted to give a shout out to the The Houston Airport Marriott and the Grand Cayman Marriott Resort.

Start with the Houston Airport Marriott: BTW this hotel has had a wonderful facelift. They now have "M" lounge which replaces the CL. Great setting, now there is no more Honour Bar, but you can order drinks and a meal in the M Lounge. I was given a massive suite, actually too large for me, but hey I'm not complaining. The comp breakfast was from the Buffett, so the regular awesome buffet breakfast that you see at Marriott Flagships. Oh and great check-in staff and ML staff too.

Grand Cayman Marriott: great check-in, as I said it was a points stay, waived the resort fee, since this property is a resort they normally have no comp breakfast but they gave me complimentary vouchers for the the full buffet breakfast, upgraded room, Platinum gift of ice-cream & bottled water PLUS the 500 points, great staff too, especially the nice lady (I forget her name) who checked me in.

So there you have it, two in a row "points stays" that were second to none.

I have one more points stay in September in London (JW Marriott 6-nights), they are a great property too so I'm thinking it's going to be a HAT TRICK of points stays.

JD

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Two recent great points stays
    nationwide Platinum

Awesome feedback jamesdean!  We are glad to hear our local Houston airport FS Marriott is making a comeback!  I can't wait to make the Cayman Islands trip with some friends next year.  Thanks for sharing!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

...and now with the new amended TC's your point stays count as stays for your status!!

BTW, you'll luv the Cayman Islands, if you stay at the Marriott you are right on Seven Mile beach, one of the top rated beaches in the world..

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Wow.. i stayed at the Grand Cayman hotel a few months ago and I am Lifetime Platinum ( as well as obtaining Platinum status every year)  and did not receive a waiver of the resort fee or vouchers for breakfast. I don't know how you managed that but ..nice job.

To be honest I was very surprised too, mind you I've stayed there before (payed stays) but NEVER had the breakfast comp vouchers BUT have had the resort fee waived (always by myself on business) but usually some resisitance.

Nice property since the reno, especially the Foyer area and new lounge & bar area.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great news jamesdean about the IAH Marriott as for years it was pretty run down and in need of a renovation in such a bad way. I'm going to guess the M Lounge is on the top of the round main part of the hotel or what floor.

Cayman, good to hear as we did not enjoy your stay as that place was in need of a makeover as well.  How was your beach view, obstructed or wide open?

The M lounge at IAH Marriott is on the main lobby level where the old fitness centre used to be. The new fitness centre in located by a main floor exit, not sure what exit name it's called. The M lounge is very upscale with a private access to the public lounge and buffet area for morning breakfasts. The roof level old lounge and restaurant is still under reno's so not sure why they have planned for that.

Regarding the Grand Cayman Marriott, the whole property has had a make-over, the rooms are good but not great. For me Im not a beach person so I really don't care, but I had an atrium facing room which is considered an upgrade. Limited rooms have actual real beach front access, I've been upgraded to those in the past but as I said it's not a big deal for me.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Friends of ours go to the Cayman resort yearly and love the atrium facing rooms.  I guess it really doesn't matter as the sunsets sitting in the little chairs along the beach with your feet and butt in the water with your favorite beverage is difficult to top.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...