4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2016 11:43 PM by insertcoffee RSS

Go Elsewhere - Denver Marriott Westminster

clhflorida Gold 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We stayed at this hotel 3 nights.

I will start out by saying this is a brand new hotel with many rough spots in customer service.  I would advise staying elsewhere, especially if you are an rewards member.

The positive:  Great, customer service from the staff in the bar.

The negative:

The concierge lounge is located next to the restaurant.  The doors are kept open from the restaurant.  We were never questioned when we went in, so I assume no one else was either.  The lounge itself always had dirty dishes sitting on the tables.  The evening snacks were not up to the standards I have seen in other lounges.  The lounge itself seems like an afterthought.

Our room was not an upgrade.  It was the furthest from the elevator, as in a very long walk.  It was 35 rooms away.  It, however, was the closest to the traffic noise.  No mountain view, but a lovely view of the hotel parking lot.

Our room was not cleaned the second day until my husband contacted the front desk.  The front desk agent was so rude, she decided half way in his conversation, to stop and talk to another employee, before saying they had until 6 p.m. to complete cleaning the rooms.  Later I received an email from the assistant manager apologizing and asking a good time the next day to clean our room.  I explained to him that not only was our room not fully cleaned when we had the privacy tag on our door the cleaning staff knocked on our door. On the final day in the late afternoon the assistant manager offered to change our room. It probably would have meant more on day 2, by day 3 at the end of the day it was not worth it.

We ate breakfast one day.  It was subpar to any other buffet we have had at a Marriott.  I had to ask for a clean ladle to get oatmeal.  The one available was laying on the counter.  We chose after day 1 to ask for a credit of points for the last two days.  We were not credited our points.

There are several great Marriott's close to this location.  We chose this one because it was new.  The pictures make it look very similar to the Renaissance that is close by.  What a mistake.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Westminster, Colorado, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Denver Marriott Westminster
  • Re: Go Elsewhere - Denver Marriott Westminster
    702rugbyref Platinum

For sure avoid this property at least until they fixed their internal issues. I have had problems with other Denver hotels as well but one I could always depend on so far is the Denver West.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

So sorry to hear of your frustrating stay, clhflorida! I've gone ahead and sent you a direct message as I'd like to help. 

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

will makebsure i dont stay until a positive review is posted

insertcoffee Platinum

It's always so disappointing to read these stories.  The good news is that it is a new opening, and these are not baked in poor ways of conducting business.

The property, I'm sure, wishes to provide good service. Your giving them feedback should help their obvious training issues, and get on the right track.

I hope that you are also able to get some points returned, a gesture that you feel appropriate, so that you don't continue to have a poor taste in your mouth about the experience.

In the meantime, thanks for letting [all of] us know, so we can steer clear while they try to get ready for prime time.

Side note: I always ask for the quietest and furthest from the lift. I can easily see how that request might get turned into something less desirable with excellent freeway proximity, especially as a new property is working out which rooms have which 'issues'.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...