14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2016 6:17 PM by mustanggt RSS

"GUEST OF THE DAY"... Awesome!

lowheat Gold
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I checked in at the Dallas Marriott Quorum and were greeted with a pleasant surprise... I was "Guest of the Day"! It is kind of silly but we love it. A certificate with my name on it, voucher for appetizer, voucher for breakfast for 2, coupons for Starbucks coffee in the lobby, upgraded to the top floor with access to the concierge lounge.

I have never heard of such a thing! We are so thankful, it has made our little vacation even better. Thanks Marriott!

20160816_111546.jpg

Anyone else received this honor?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Dallas/Addison, Texas, USA
Marriott Quorum
  • Re: "GUEST OF THE DAY"... Awesome!
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Congrats lowheat!! What a pleasant surprise for you and your wife, I'm sure this has brightened your trip!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

What a wonderful gesture . It must be something with that particular hotel as I have never seen it before

monisame Platinum

A great touch. !!

I have to mention Santiago Marriott Hotel, Chile.

I go there often and I always find such kind of touches in my room.. A letter with a bottle of wine and  canapes sometimes a box of chocolates.. They also ussually send me a birthday card!!!.

It really counts. Thanks for sharing.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I concur with the sentiment!  Wonderful gesture.  Way to go, Marriott, in providing a small taste of gold/platinum benefits (and then some) to basic and/or silver elite members.  Now this is a marketing maneuver that I wholeheartedly approve of.  I bet it would be "Dog Approved" as well.  What say ye, Mr. B?

captbigguy Platinum 4 Reviews

I've seen similar things at different hotels, but not sure they had all the perks this one came with!  Very kewl!!

Good way for properties to show how much they appreciate their guests, even if only one a day gets it.  It's always nice to be "recognized" in some fashion.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

It may seem kind of trite to some but just that little bit of recognition and thanks can go a long way. Cool idea.

But please do us a favor. If the next Marriott you stay at doesn't give you another certificate, don't post how you've been cheated and are moving to Hilton. OK? Thanks.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Now that is what I call a very special way to greet a guest!

peymanagement Platinum

Excellent, It is amazing what a little recognition does.

insertcoffee Platinum

Sweet! That's a great, very inexpensive to the hotel bit of recognition that hits a nice 'feel good' spot. It just shows that  smidge of extra effort to recognise you in even a small way that underscores their proposition that we are valued as frequent and repeat guests.

Does anyone remember the signage that used to welcome back Platinum members at various properties?  It was a nice idea, though I never liked having my full name on a sign somewhere in a lobby.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I do remember the former Marriott property in Somers Point, New Jersey, having a sign with the Platinum, Gold and Silver guests who were checking in that day showing our first names on it.  I thought initially it was because we were all guests at this property on travel orders for a project that spent about 40 nights a year there all on government rates, only to find out later it was just their way of saying thanks for our loyalty.

insertcoffee Platinum

This one was also last names, so I was not a fan, though likely the Marriott directive was something less than FName LName and by the time that was disseminated, they made you even more special by adding more bits.

That went away and we went into the Slough of Despond with no/limited/less recognition for awhile until the new flavour wafted its way through.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Excellent touch!

YogiB Platinum

Congrats!

So much better than my check-in at the Delta Winnipeg yesterday where they refused any benefit to Silver Elite members except 4PM check-out.

mustanggt Platinum

I love it!  A little recognition goes a long way.  Long after that trip is over you will always remember the hotel where you were greeted liked royalty.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...