3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2016 3:33 PM by john_thai RSS

Marriott Atlanta Perimeter was unable to honor a confirmed reservation, how do I get my compensation

chrisahx Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

During the weekend of my birthday in February 2016, I had a confirmed reservation at the Marriott Atlanta Perimiter hotel. The reservation was made at Marriott.com and what happened was that on the day I was to arrive, I received a call from the hotel informing me that they were overbooked and would not be able to honor my reservation. I am a Gold Elite member and I made alternate arrangements but now I seem to be getting no where in getting Marriott to honor the reservation guarantee benefit I am entitled to as an elite member if the hotel is unable to honor a reservation.  From what I have read, I should have been compensated for the cost of another hotel, plus be credited 90,0000 MRW points.  I was able to stay at a friends place that night, but I feel I should at least get the 90,000 points for the hotel not being able to honor the reservation.  This hotel is also a corporate owned property and I have stayed at this hotel many times.  in fact the last time I was there I discussed this with one of the front desk managers, I emailed him the details including the dates and confirmation numbers.  I waited two weeks and sent a follow up email to him.  He replied that he was still looking into it. That was 6 weeks ago, and I still have heard nothing, nor have I received any compensation whatsoever.  Can someone please advise me as to what I can do about this? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Atlanta Perimeter was unable to honor a confirmed reservation, how do I get my compensation
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

As a full service Marriott you should have received $200 and 90,000 points as per the Elite Ultimate Reservation Guarantee Marriott Rewards® Elite Benefits Guarantee

I suspect this has been complicated by the fact that having stayed at a friends on that night you didn't generate a folio from a different hotel which would be attached to the paperwork for a "walked" guest. It wouldn't surprise me if once you told the clerk on the night that you would stay at a friends he just short-cutted the paperwork and marked you as a cancellation. Even so, youre being denied your guarantee because you were exceptionally co-operative and this is very shoddy. I suspect the GMs "investigation" will be ongoing till you stop chasing it up, so let's bring in some bigger guns to help... Our Marriott moderators, carat, AndrewT and deannad have a very good record of assisting with these issues and since I've now called them for you, I'll leave you in their capable hands.

Please do keep us advised of progresson on this thread,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...