16 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2016 7:01 PM by ssindc RSS

Long Live Marriott Rewards Insiders

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Take just a moment to reflect on the wonderful resource we have here. Where else can you tap into the wealth of knowledge about Marriott hotels and the Marriott Rewards program?

Ask a question and chances are pretty good there will be several folks jumping in to answer it. Post about a problem and others may offer advice on how to solve it.

Didn't get notified of the latest Marriott promotion? Somebody likely posted details on this site.

Wonder which hotel to choose in London, Paris, Boston, or NYC? Folks who visit those places often will share their suggestions often with photographs.

BTW, it's not just about Marriott. Comparisons of other hotel programs are here. Discussions about airlines or aviation in general. Sightseeing, road trips, travel blogs, poll questions, as well as updates direct from Marriott (often before it is announced elsewhere).

It may not work flawlessly all the time (but what does these days, just ask Southwest or Delta). Even so it's great to place hang out most of the time.

So go ahead. Post, complain, comment, ask, share, and/or describe. That's why MRI is here. I, for one, hope it will be around for a long time to come.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Long Live Marriott Rewards Insiders
    doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

well said bejacob a great platform for a lot of people to post travel info and some other fun stuff as well

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

i also get a lot out of the MI forum.

droma Platinum

Not to mention the opportunity to win substantial points through contests!  Although these bring many people in that come and leave, some of us get even more hooked and stick around:)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You make excellent points and I've learned so much from other Insiders about places to visit and stay, things to see, places to dine, how to be a better Grill Master and much more.  Had it not been for Insiders like fschumpert or ssindc we would never in a million years ended up in Tuscany at the beautiful Tuscany Resort and Luxury Hotels | Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa to name just one benefit of Insiders travel expertise.

"Keep on Keepin' On" as erc told us many times and looking forward to hearing it next month at the TIPPLE!

AZDesertRat Platinum

bejacob -  Would love to join in a toast offered after your recitation.  Great value here, along with much entertainment.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Wine recommendations have also been useful!

nationwide Platinum

bejacob I completely agree with you!  Marriott Rewards Insiders offers tremendous insight to those willing to ask and listen.  The long time contributors, such as yourself, make this a great place to get information.  I just had the trip of a lifetime, that was planned on the spur of the moment, but fueled by Insiders information.  Where else is that kind of insider information legal?  I'll second your toast - long live Marriott Rewards Insiders!!!

insertcoffee Platinum

Concur.  I'd toast with something more interesting than my coffee, but not a good idea before the gym.

There is something for all sorts of travelers here, whether solidly leisure, solidly points only, business travel with some pleasure thrown in when possible, and many items between, and in one might argue a more [generally] pleasant environment than on some other public fora.

Such a pity that there is even a need to declare that it is a valuable resource.  I've been a long time reader, and now that my sign in issue has been resolved, glad to be a more active contributor.

I'm sure that if I needed help, this would be the place for it; in the interim, informative and refreshing to see others' posts, and sock away locations for another summer season.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

So much info on this site, great information about Marriott hotels, the Rewards program and travel generally too. There's nothing like it on the Internet. If you're a rubber-tread-for-shoes road warrior, or a regular leisure traveller with an interest in utilising Marriotts and the Rewards scheme there really is no other resource quite like this one for both its past travel threads and to get friendly answers to friendly questions.

Long live Marriott Rewards Insiders indeed!

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Nice work, bejacob!

Some examples of GREAT information I've gleaned from other members include:

Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg.... In addition;

• I have long been an acolyte committed to learning/understanding all things analyzed by pingreeman; and
    • the iconic jerrycoin once provided me a splendid non-Marriott related data dump and introduced me to a colleague that provided a valuable (and greatly appreciated) service....

And I can't count the number of times I've gained prompt, informative information from the Insiders team (and their predecessors!

Oh, yeah, and, in terms of personal amusement, how could I forget: Renaissance Discovery Doors Contest - Uh, gee, I don't get it....

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

You had to bring up the "Discovery Doors" didn't you ssindc? It's been three years and I had finally relegated it to the dustbins of my mind. Now it's back.

At least we can laugh about it now. Back then we just laughed AT it. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more contests. Just not something quite as strange as that one.

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Absolutely agree !!! This is a great resource and I appreciate all the help I have received from the moderators and my fellow travelers.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

I agree as well!!!  This is a great source of information from various contributors who are experienced travelers!!!  Not to mention the moderators who do an awesome job!!!!!

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

I must agree as well.  The MRI site has provided a wealth of travel information, outstanding ideas and excellent trip reports.  It has proven to be a truly valuable travel resource.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Not to toss a wet towel on this positive thread, but wonder why the originator of "RIP MRI" has avoided any comments on this thread?  I know I may not being "PC" as some would say, but then at times I just can't stand behaving myself for days at a time.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

I wish Marriott would bring back our Hotel Reviews since we all know the random surveys after stays are few and far between, plus if you do get the chance to fill out the survey often times it does not even make the hotel website.

The Hotel Review section did need to be managed better with regards to the "Big Board" yet it was a very very valuable source for myself and many others.

Come on Insiders, bring the Hotel Reviews back with it's own area for those who wish to gain Insiders insights and experiences of a property.  Yes we know we are able to start a review in discussions, but they seem to get lost quickly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...