8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2016 2:45 PM by iaskquestions RSS

Tips

iaskquestions Member
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott East Side

Hey Everyone! So I'm staying in this hotel (Click here) and I was wondering if I should be aware of anything.. Any tips or complaints would be nice to have.

P.S. I'm staying in the classic double.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts New York Marriott East Side
  • Re: Tips
    seatexan Platinum

When I stayed I had no issues.  I like this hotel because for New York, the rooms are big!

IAHFLYR has a good post somewhere about the Marriott East Side.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iaskquestions Member

Really? Even for the classic double?

seatexan Platinum

New York hotel rooms are TINY!!!   So relatively speaking, yes these rooms in general are bigger. My room at the East Side was way bigger than my room at the Marriott Ren Midtown. I did a ton of research before I went to NY.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I found it.

Fun New York City Quick Trip

So many wonderful things to do and places to eat within a few blocks of the East Side.  Even a walk through Grand Central Station and you'll find quite a few restaurants/cafe spots, but much rather get out among the locals and enjoy all the city and sights.

Platinum

iaskquestions  Nothing but solid A+ experiences there every time I've stayed. Lounge has never been overcrowded either the times I was there. Management is top notch and has always addressed even the smallest issue in very timely and professional manner. As long as you like the area, you're in a great spot. There are definitely more lively areas of NYC if you have something you want to do as a tourist, but it's still easy to get back here and not feel like you're surrounded by craziness of Times Square, etc.

j&c Platinum

Favorite Tip: Lexington Ave. traffic runs southbound - decreasing numbered streets with traffic and increasing numbered streets are opposite traffic. When standing facing on-coming traffic, Park, 5th, and increasing numbered Avenues are to your left and 3rd and decreasing numbered Avenues are to your right. To get from Marriott East to Lex/51st street subway entrance walk towards opposing traffic and if heading to Lex/42nd/Grand Central subway entrance, walk along with traffic. C

nationwide Platinum

iaskquestions - it's nice to see you posting regularly.  We are glad to have you here.  Can you help me understand what the tags in your question have to do with the question?  You are posing a question about a NY hotel, and the tags indicate California, Hawaii, Aruba, golf, Orlando, London etc...  While a nice way to collect a few points, the tags don't seem to fit your question.  The purpose of tags, at least as I understand it, is to help others search and find relevant information on a given topic.  I'm not sure if I were searching for California or Hawaii how this thread would help me.  Of course, it could just be me, but I am hoping you could help me understand your thinking.

Message was edited by: nationwide

Location Brand Hotel
    New York, New York, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts New York Marriott East Side
      iaskquestions Member

I'm super sorry, I didn't know that was causing trouble in the search system. I'll fix it as soon as I get on my computer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...