14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2016 9:08 PM by bejacob RSS

How many frequently active (20+ posts per month) COUNT IS IN

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The recent poll created by dansplan at https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1543

really got me wondering about how many active members really are on MRI during any given month. Well, I did some number crunching using every post for the last 14 days (doing the whole month was too much work).

Here are the results for the time period between 07/26 and 08/08:

MRI MemberNew PostReplyGrand Total
702rugbyref42933
bejacob31922
brightlybob43236
carat11920
caymangal01010
dansplan86169
IAHFLYR83644
iaskquestions2911
insertcoffee02626
jerryl31417
Jsucool7621113
Marriott17017
mustanggt21012
nationwide31720
peymanagement41923
SeaTexan33235
Tommo78121618
wesleywc62127
Grand Total72381453

It is also interesting to note that 141 other MRI members posted or replied to a topic during the same 14 days. One member posted 9 times, 1 posted 8 times 4 posted 7, etc, and finally 80 members posted a single time.

# of MembersPosts

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How many frequently active (20+ posts per month) COUNT IS IN
    Platinum

pingreeman  - First of all - nice work!

Secondly ... Here's the proof that I start posts, not just reply as some do (nothing wrong with either approach). Also, I'm not interested in beating Caymangal at her game (and this is just for fun and crazy virtual bragging rights, so her points are safe and she most likely gets a huge # of those she follows to follow her, so that's a good strategy for a blogger vs. a poster. My opinion and nothing sarcastic or evil about my intentions - just trying to get some conversation started around this topic which pingreeman has summarized above. Cheers!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

pingreeman you is 'da man...

Well the stats-man anyway

Thats gotta have taken some time, but is fascinating. 16 "regular posters" excluding moderators is less than I expected and there are several long time members I expected to see on the list who didn't make it, though it's good to see the newer regulars turning up, caymangal iaskquestions insertcoffee mustanggt and nationwide

Brilliant and interesting thread, pingreeman

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I see my name with far to many numbers along side, guess I need to find a life!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Nice one pingreeman and very interesting.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Certainly interesting info.

One thing to note is that quantity doesn't equal quality when it comes to posting. I've lamented before that some folks will respond to every topic just because they can. I'm not suggesting that every comment need to add value to the topic, but when a member has every recent comment on the latest activity list, something is amiss. There are some logical reasons for this to happen (i.e. posting when most of us are asleep or when a user has been away for a week or more and is trying to catch up on what's been happening).

Like brightlybob I noticed a few names I expected to see are not on the list. Undoubtedly they missed the cut and are represented in the numbers reflected in the second half of the post. I won't pretend to speak for them, but I've found fewer topics I wanted to comment on over the last couple weeks. I suspect the same may be true for some of the long-term members not on the list.

This two week snapshot does give us an idea of what's happening. A different two week window would likely show some of the same names, and probably a few different ones. Regardless, the data are illuminating.

peymanagement Platinum

Interesting info, A snapshot that goes some way to validate the results of the poll. The period is the last week of July extending into August  and some regulars are likely away, so that may reduce the numbers. Agree with bejacob, that recent times the posts were less interesting to reply to. Further to that, posts like the "What's wrong with this picture" probably influenced the list exaggerating some folks participation. Things seemed to take a downturn with the profhill return and have not recovered.

The original poll dansplan said 20 posts a months, and it looks like that is a good qualifier. The numbers are low.

The angry bird post of a few months ago is still relevent although it caught the wrong bird. There are still some angry birds on here.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Sometimes I just look at the post total and if it either doesn't interest me or I don't have anything to add I don't bother even opening . This causes my posting to go up and down. By the way I do know this ti

his doesn't always work as many of the posts  due go " off to the milkeyway  "

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Perhaps it was that same extended bout of negativity peymanagement mentioned that kept me from engaging as much over the last couple weeks.

What a difference a day can make. With the new MegaBonus on the horizon (2016 Fall MegaBonus coming soon!), I almost feel like my old self again. It was good to see many of our regulars jump in on that discussion almost immediately.

Complaints are one thing, but we had two or three topics last month that really took the site in a downward spiral. Thankfully it appears the instigators have gone away (for now).

seatexan Platinum

How fun! Great work here.  If you had done this a few weeks ago, I would not have made the list!   I am about to *poof* again for a bit too.  Things move pretty fast here I think.  You leave for a week or two and miss things like BBoB and Prof.  With how this forum is set up, trying to read the last few weeks of what was missed is just too difficult. 

mustanggt Platinum

Wow pingreeman, this analysis must have taken quite a while to compile.  As a retired CPA, I find it very interesting...Or as I used to say to my clients, just show me the numbers!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...