2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2016 8:53 PM by Jsucool76 RSS

Delta Hotels by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista - REVIEW

frente89 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

We recently spent a reward night at Delta in Orlando.  It was one of those use it or lose it situations.

FIRST IMPRESSION

The lobby reminded me of swanky Miami hotel.  Lots of white and clean lines.  I like that look, so I was good.  The front desk staff were nice.  They recognized my Elite status and offered me a bottle of water.  I checked in and went out to the car to get my gear.  When we got back in the lobby, one of the agents said, "YOUR CARD DIDN'T GO THROUGH!"  I was a little embarrassed, but figured out that I didn't change the expiration date in my Marriott app.  I did not need to be called out like that.  No matter.  I used the same card and was checked in.  She offered 750 points or breakfast.  I chose points.

LOBBY / POOL

Again, lots of clean lines.  They had a pretty nice gym, coffee house with good pastries, and a normal looking restaurant area for brunch and dinners.  The pool was a little plain.  Simple rectangular shaped pool with 2 large cabanas.  It appears that they are building a splash pad for kids.  That will be fun when it's done.

THE ROOM

Standard, boring, run of the mill room.  I was disappointed because the lobby got me thinking modern and sleek, but the room got me thinking drab and boring.  The room had an ugly in room AC unit.  I have never liked those things.  UGH.  Now, here is the crux as to why I am composing this review.  The sheets were DIRTY.  I mean stained all the way through.  We pulled the comforter off and saw what looked to be a marker stain on the sheet.  Pulled the sheet off and saw that it went ALL THE WAY down to the mattress.  When we asked for all new sheets, they did happily oblige, but said we had to change the sheets ourselves.  What? No big deal in doing it ourselves, but we both felt really dirty doing it.  So exactly when do the sheets get washed?  We were both highly disappointed in the room.  We didn't complain to the front desk because, well, we got the room for free.  But this is not the kind of Marriott experience that I have grown accustomed to having.

OVERALL

The experience was not terrible.  My girlfriend and I both loved the entire lobby area, the pool, and the gym.  Where Delta missed the mark was room cleanliness.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando
  • Re: Delta Hotels by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista - REVIEW
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

So sorry to hear about this; we'd like to relay your comments to the appropriate team. Could you please send me a direct message with your Rewards number and the reservation number for this stay so that we may do so?

Thank you

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Delta Hotels by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista - REVIEW
    Jsucool76 Gold

I stayed here as well, the hotel was nice and clean, however, i found the service to be subpar. The location is great for disney though. 1 exit on I4.

I was told by a representative of JHM hotels (owner) that full breakfast was free for gold/plat members. The free breakfast was just continental. After contacting the GM, and JHM again, the hotel agreed to waive the $5/per person fee to upgrade to full breakfast.

Breakfast was a pretty nice spread.

Was a little upset about the parking fee too, as I witnessed staff parking in spots right in front of the door, meaning the guests (who had to pay to park) were required to park in the very back of the hotel near their storage connexs.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...