2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2016 1:46 AM by greekbecky RSS

Suggestions Needed for Northern California Trip

greekbecky Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Everyone,

It's been a few weeks since I've been on MI due to an obscene amount of work hours (we're talking 7AM - 3AM each night for three months)...I'm toast at this point and need a little getaway.

I have a business trip planned in the Palo Alto, CA area for a couple days then have to be in Santa Cruz for a week.  I was thinking of staying at the CY Newark Silicon Valley or RI Palo Alto Los Gatos then heading out to Half Moon Bay then drive further down the coast to Monterrey before my meeting in Santa Cruz starts.

I'm looking for suggestions for Marriott hotels along HWY 1.  There is a Ritz at Half Moon Bay for...gasp...$750 per night which is not going to happen (hmmm...maybe I use my certificate on this baby).  Does anyone have suggestions/comments of Marriotts along the coast?  I also would love to hear about the two Marriotts I mention in the Palo Alto are, whether they were good, safe, etc.

Thanks in advance...:)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
California, USA
  • Re: Suggestions Needed for Northern California Trip
    Platinum

Hey greekbecky -  I DM'd you about the whole thing, but this public post is just about the Silicon Valley portion of the trip -

I would say the Newark location is fine as a hotel, but you're really in the middle of a bunch of freeways and nowhere in particular unless it's close to work location. Also, don't try to arrive during rush hour or you'll be in a no-win situation of not being to really exit anywhere until you're right on top of it.

RI Palo Alto Los Gatos  (crazy sounding name considering those cities don't actually share a border unless I'm mistaken) will be much nicer and closer to Stanford as well. But if you remember what the El Camino is all about - yah - it's that, but on steroids since the valley started booming again. Plenty to do as far as shopping and good places to eat. Mountain View's Castro street is always fun to explore on foot when you're hungry - just park near the far end closer to central express - there are garages and street parking and then lots of choices. You might even stay a bit further south in Mountain View or Santa Clara. See my DM and reply with more questions or specifics.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Suggestions Needed for Northern California Trip
      greekbecky Platinum

Thanks for the confirmation, Los Gatos is perfectly situated to everything...ding, ding, I think we have a winner!  Ah, the Stanford Shopping Center, Castro, it's all coming back to me now...I can't wait!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...