1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 7, 2010 10:58 AM by anadyr RSS

Healthy eating alternative in the lounges

healthytrav Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The Concierge lounges are a great reward for the loyal Marriott enthusiasts.  The breakfast food and beverage options are very healthy.  The dinner, however, seem to be heavy in fat and Carbs.  I find this in most lounges.  It would be benefitial to have similar healthy, well balanced offerings after 6pm that are less carb and fat intensive and have more proteins. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Healthy eating alternative in the lounges
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

At the Marriott Marquis hotel in NYC I spoke to both the Executive Chef and the Manager of Food and Beverage about this issue.  There is a tug of war between cost and food types.  Naturally the higher carb items tend to be more cost-effective.  Fruits and even some vegetables have short shelf-life, packaged and dry goods do not, so spoilage is always a consideration.

Seems to me that a salad would be easy enough to include on the Lounge Menu, but that seems to be off the table (no pun intended).

Marriott has become conscious of their overall energy consumption and I suppose if enough of us make our desires known they'll also start becoming health conscious in the lounges as well.

Thanks for making your point and I hope a lot of others will chime in here and at the hotels they frequent.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...