9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2016 8:32 AM by dansplan RSS

Stewards??

mustanggt Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

When I click on the tab Stewards I get a response "Not Found".  Who are the stewards and what do they do?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Stewards??
    john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

I think it's where they bury the people who came up missing in this link.

Is this the MRI secret menu?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum

This is a broken link - commonly seen as "404"

Capture.JPG

Follow along here for other IT issues

Lifetime points missing and other IT woes unofficial tracker

and escalate this one to customer care or wherever you think will get more traction. It's a simple "housekeeping" chore to remove a broken link or even a top level menu item if the Stewards program has really been retired for good.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

As to the original question on this thread, the Insider Stewards program no longer exists.

Here's some info about how it used to work.

"The Insiders Stewards program allows our most active and knowledgeable members to have a formal leadership role within the Insiders community. As community leaders, Stewards help drive positive participation throughout the site and answer questions from other members so the site remains a unique resource of travel and Marriott Rewards information.

The Insiders Stewards program is comprised of five Insiders, who may communicate with Marriott to show their understanding of community trends, receive feedback on issues, collaborate on site improvements, and share important previews that they then can share with members. By taking an active leadership role within the community, Stewards help reinforce the purpose of the Insiders community: to ultimately provide a community for members by members."

Now there is a team of community moderators that handles the duties once performed by the Insider Stewards.

mustanggt Platinum

As a relatively new member of the MRI community I never knew what a steward was.  Thanks bejacob for the explanation.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

As a somewhat longer-in-the-tooth member here, neither did I, mustanggt. Not sure I needed to know, mind...

Platinum

and regardless of the length of my teeth, now that I have a trial of Jive's software, I'd be happy to help fix the broken link or remove the orphan menu item (this is an IT term, not a judgement call).

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

I served a year as a Steward.  The CM's certainly have greater connections and access and can get more done.

Platinum

Thanks for that perspective! I'm sure it was much more difficult trying to do this being an Marriott Outsider... as in No direct connection to Marriott corp.

mustanggt Platinum

I would definitely have to agree with that comment.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...