62 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2016 9:53 PM by greekbecky RSS

2016 Fall MegaBonus coming soon!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

MegaBonus is coming!

Marriott sent out a teaser email today. Signups begin Sept 1. Maximum earnings look to be 50k which is an improvement of the last one.

Fall2016.PNG

So far that's about all I know. Guess we'll have to wait for Sept 1 for more details.

If the dates adhere to the usual structure, 9/15/16 thru 1/15/17, I've already got 8 stays/9 nights booked with a few more still to be determined.

I wonder what "CHOOSE THE WAY YOU'LL EARN" means. The idea that we might get to choose anything related to a MegaBonus is promising. Count me as intrigued. I suspect that's what Marriott marketing had in mind, so "good job!"

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2016 Fall MegaBonus coming soon!
    monisame Platinum

Note that the actual promo dates are still unclear. The current promotion is valid until September 5, 2016. So ????. We will have to wait for full details.  Thanks a lot for the post.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum

monisame It's just a guess of course, but Spring and Fall Megabonus time periods are fairly consistent. This link shows the dates for the 2015 Fall offering was from Sep 15 - Jan 15

You Can Now Sign Up for Marriott's MegaBonus Fall 2015 Promo

monisame Platinum

Thanks so much for the link !!!! and for your commets. I have already save the date. There is no way to register till september. 

seatexan Platinum

I just now saw this... I really like that I can add it to my google cal right from the e-mail! So much easier than making my own reminder!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

AS someone who now tends to stay more like 25-30 paid nights  per year I liked the summer mega bonus where you could get points for multiple stays . I can never get to 20-25 nights in a quarter or even four months

Agreed. Often past bonuses required 25-30 nights during the promo to earn the max points. I can usually make 10-15, but 25 is hard for me to reach. I did it last fall, but that was unusual.

So the question of choice becomes more important. Might we be able to choose between nights and stays? Could we choose a bonus that requires 10, 15, 20, or 25 nights, selecting the one that best suits our plans? It will be interesting to find out in a few weeks.

That will be nice and I think Marroitt makes out both ways. I did a couple of extra stays this summer that I wouldn't have done had it been the 20-25 stays

Platinum

Agreed it's an improvement over summer, but not over previous fall megabonus. It's still very generous. Also, I was not teased as early as you were - congrats on that !

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Choose the way you'll earn?  WOW.  Very intriguing.  Thanks for posting.

Now we'll just have to wait and see exactly what that means.

Dates aren't listed, but I hope they stick close to what we've had for previous fall bonuses. With the announcement on 9/1, a start date about two weeks later makes sense. Fingers crossed.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

It seems I'm not as important as you, bejacob, no early teaser for me!

Quite intriguing, the reveal and registration fixed for 1st September seems later than usual and the teaser is a new thing. Select your bonus could be a big improvement though practically I did n previous years anyway by calling the Platline if the offered promo was unattainable. A target of ~15 nights should work for me, but if the promo starts the day after the summer one ends ( ) then I could add another 5 nights to that!

monisame Platinum

Just received an a mail inviting me to save the date. No more details. !!!!. Just the image bejacob show in his post.

Platinum

I live in Marriott's about 50% of my life for last 2 years+ , so never an issue to make nights...just want ensure I can get 50-65K total and they usually do give me the max offer or as many know - you can ask for a change. Loyaltylobby.com usually lists all of the options ahead of anyone I know and has a large enough participating base to know they got em all covered.

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

Got the same e-mail today and looking forward to what the "choose the way you'll earn" will bring to us.  I'm intrigued...

Platinum

As long as it nets close to 50K points, I don't care how they do it. Certs as an add-on are nice, but I don't want them as a substitute. I expect they've learned what people did or didn't like about the 3 way mess they did for Spring, and will have worked out something that appeals to almost anyone that at least stays several times during the promotion period.

greekbecky Platinum

Good to know!  I don't think I always get these email promotions.

mah249 Platinum

Looks promising

nationwide Platinum

Thrilled to see what we have in store for us this Fall!    Thanks for sharing bejacob!  I didn't, however, get the email though...

TKlimited39 Member

Yes, I received my teaser email yesterday. I will be signing up for it.

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

I did not receive any such email. I guess I don't warrant one, given 79 nites so far in 2016. I guess I am ot going to be able to get this since I give Marriott too much business. so Hilton, here I come

monisame Platinum

I have given them 79 nights too till now and have a few some reservations for the nex months. Inspite of this I received the e mail, so I think you only have to save the date and register.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. The email is just letting us know when the bonus will be announced. We don't even know what it will be yet (except that it looks like 50k points will be the max).

On top of that, every time there is a MegaBonus, some folks don't have the promotion show up on their accounts. It happened to me both last fall and again this spring. In both cases I was able to get signed up by calling the MR customer service line.

So don't run off to Hilton yet. At least wait until 9/1 when the MegaBonus hits. Then if you don't see the promotion, call to get signed up. If, after all that, you still want to go somewhere else, that's always an option. I would never think that because an offer didn't show up, I couldn't participate. Certainly some offers are targeted (there is a double nights promo going on now that is only open to folks outside the USA).

In general, MegaBonuses are open to everyone, but as we've found out, not everyone gets notified. I've been in that boat a few times, and thanks to this site, I found out about the promotions and took action. That's just one of the benefits of Insiders.

Ddon't take anything from the fact youve not received the teaser, stelzer001, none of Marriotts most valuable guests (as defined by a propensity for warm beer and bright Hawaiian shirts) have

50k bonus is a good target and some flexibilty in reaching it sounds good to me. I'm awaiting the detail.

But, out of curiosity (and because I've taken them up on their status match offer earlier this year) what is Hiltons fall offer?

Platinum

Hey brightlybob They are doing double base points for every stay right now and there are even targeted offers of triple points. No limits the double.... I'm at HH property right now as a Diamond with ZERO points seeing how a 13 night stay really works out in the end. More as news develops or until MR megabonus is actually up and active

Active = Double points, every hotel, every day, unlimited earning potential///

Earn Double Points when you sign up and stay at any hotel between May 1 and August 31, 2016. There's no limit to how many Points you can earn.

Hilton HHonors | Unlimited Bonus

Triple points was already in play for targeted members for nearly an entire Year - Feb 2016 - Jan 2017

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/offers/100076159.htm?WT.mc_id=zELWAPN0GL1WW2DMH3Affiliate4DGGenericx

homoviator Platinum

That works well for those who stay at Hiltons long term, for sure.  However, I just finished the summer promotion with 2000 pts for each stay plus a final 2000 for reaching the end.  That turned out to be more than double points for most of my stays anyway since I do a lot of 1 nights for usually under $200 a night.  

Also on another note, earlier there was mention of megabonus going on until Jan 15 Doesn't Megabonus usually end the weekend before Thanksgiving? bejacob.  Not super sure and not really caring too much,but something to keep in mind. 

Looking forward to seeing what this fall's Megabonus has to offer.

Going back at least as far a 2009, the fall MegaBonus has run Sep 15 to Jan 15 each year. While the dates could be different this year, I would be surprised if Marriott didn't stick to the same timeframe they've had for quite some time.

insertcoffee Platinum

These e-mail are hit and miss.  MR has some hitch in its gitty up with me and I don't get them-- so I call in and get registered if it doesn't show up as a promotion.

So now you see the advantage of following on MI- forewarned is forearmed.

And I have over 100 nights of actual stays in property this year thus far-- so again, I don't think that is the yardstick. There are millions of MR rewards folks, and these e-mails are batched. Not everyone gets them the same day.

jbritt51 Platinum 1 Reviews

I did not receive it either.  I suspect since I have my notifications turned off for everything, they are honoring that.  I just updated my email preferences, so we'll see if this works or if I get swamped with emails that I am not interested in.

agbcpa Platinum 5 Reviews

A nice way to add to points, at 160 nights this year so far and did not get the save the date but as all have said that has little to do with registering for promotion - can not wait for my bonus points

insertcoffee Platinum

Thanks, bejacob.  I don't always get the e-mails, so it is nice to have a heads up. We'll see how it fleshes out, but I'm ready for Fall-- and the Mega!

YogiB Platinum

Thanks for sharing the teaser with us.

Even more of a tease: why do some members get that email and many others not?

Good question as I didn't get it either

AZDesertRat Platinum

jerryl - This other AZ resident did, however, so it's probably not a zip code mailing issue.  Maybe they prioritize the mailings to those who only hope to attain your lofty status!

insertcoffee Platinum

They're batched, for one thing, since these are for millions of e-mail addresses, so they don;'t all go out at once fell swoop.  Having said that, there are still gaps.  See the same thing for other hotel groups and airlines as well.

But you don't need the e-mail. Check your promos and if it does not show up, call and sign up for it.

That's ok since when you get older you have more time to wait . I am glad to still be in New Hampshire as AZ weather seems wild lately

AZDesertRat Platinum

It has been great the last two weeks in Colorado, and we missed the "100 year storm" in Phoenix recently.  Every year we hear about crazy summer weather and just hope no serious damage to the house resulted.  But after tour guiding in Colorado, with 7 Marriott stays, we have to go "warm up!"

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I like the idea that it will have flexibility.  I tend to get targeted with an offer that I can't obtain.  I do like the certs.  Even though they are hard to use, to date, I have used them all.

ms.harris Platinum

Looking forward to the new Promotion.  Being competitive,  It is just another challenge to finish. 

A week and a half until the announcement of the Fall MegaBonus.

I'm still curious what "choose the way you'll earn" means. I hope it could be something as simple as choosing between points and promo certificates.

On a topic almost two years ago, I proposed this.

Offer MR members a choice between earning promo certificates and points.

Here's a link if you want to read the rest of that two-year-old post MegaBonus - Promo Certs or Points?

I'm sure I'm not the first to make this suggestion and, if this doesn't happen in the upcoming fall promo, I probably won't be the last. Of course, the choice may be something else entirely. We'll all know soon.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

bejacob  I'm also curious, but my guess is that there will be no choice between points and certs.   It does say choose how you'll earn up to 50,000 points", so my guess is that the choice will be between counting stays and nights.  It does add  a little anticipation to our wait,

That's an interesting thought I hadn't considered. We shall see soon, I guess.

I Just hope they cover less frequent stay types and the true roads warriors. I did stay an extra two nights that I could have used points but wanted the extra 2k points per stay

mangeline Platinum 3 Reviews

Just curious how is it I never receive the emails announcing the promotions.  Ive been a rewards member for 15 years and have maintained PE status for the last 5 or 6 years.  I stay on average 120 to 150 nights per year and have maxed out every promotion for the past several years.  I have a good email in my profile so not sure.

Luck of the draw. There is no rhyme or reason as to who gets the email and who doesn't. Status or nights stayed makes no difference. I was left out the last two times.

If you don't get notified of the promo on or about 9/1, check back on this site. Details will be posted. Then it will just take a call to the MR customer service line to get registered. Getting past the automatic phone tree takes longer than getting signed up.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I haven't had an email either, but I will wait and see what happens on 1st September.

We've been saying on this site for a long time that it would be a good idea if Marriott gave us a choice between promos, and by the looks of it, they will do this time. I must admit, these teasers don't usually engage me, but with a heavy travel schedule for September to December of 25 nights already booked (21 Marriott, 4 IHG) and the unusual scheduling of the Summer promo, I will be looking out for this on 1st Sept...

droma Platinum

Has anyone ever seen any of the seasonal promos overlap?  The current one closes Sept 5...any chance they actually start the Fall bonus on the Sept 1 (I know typically it would be the 15th or so)?  I've finished off the last promo and have 3 days over labor day that would be a big help towards the next!

I Have never seen them overlap in fact there has usually been a dead period in between

Like you, jerryl, I've never seen an overlap between Marriott megabonuses, but there have been overlaps with targeted promos. I remember a Megabonus overlapped a double elite nights credit promo several years ago and is doing so again this year too. It would be unheard of however for 2 worldwide promos to overlap, and I don't expect that, but I do wonder how long (or short) will the deadland be between the current global promo, ending 5th Sept, and the fall Megabonus which historically begins on 15th...

It's incredibly rare. I had a targeted promo a couple years back (not sure how I was targeted, but most folks did not get this promo) that did overlap with a MegaBonus. If I remember, the special promo ran Aug 15 to Nov 15 (2014?) and then the regular MegaBonus ran Sep 15 to Jan 15. So, from the middle of September to the middle of November, I was able to earn on both promos at the same time. One other twist, the MegaBonus was based on nights while the other was based on stays.

It can happen, but probably only with targeted promos. The MegaBonus and the Global promotion are open to all, so the likelihood of these overlapping is extremely small. Like others, I'm guessing the fall MegaBonus begins on Sept 15. That works well for me as my next stay (after this weekend) is on 9/15.

travel'nperson Platinum 1 Reviews

I was left out several times and if I contacted Marriott Rewards, they let me in.

You really have to check because even those of us who travel every week some times get left out.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

So sorry to hear of this @travel'nperson!  If you ever find that the current promotion hasn't shown up in your account, feel free to reach out to any of us Community Managers, AndrewT, lindseyh, deannad.  We'd be happy to help make sure you are registered.

greekbecky Platinum

I wish I didn't have to wonder what promos I'm missing.  I was bummed when I found out I hadn't gotten a few sent to me and when you call into the rewards desk to get registered for them, the representatives say they don't know about those offers.  Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but this selective process is a bit of a pain.  I give up after a few tries as it's gets kind of frustrating to have to work so hard to be part of a promo you should've been invited to all along.

monisame Platinum

I received this. Members can choose between earning 5000 points after two stays (no aditional bomuses) or 10.000 bonus points aferter every 10 nights during the promotion for up to 50.000 bonuns points.  What do you think  bejacob