1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 10, 2016 2:41 PM by brightlybob RSS

Marriott Rewards Credit Card by Creation UK

barnhacker Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have had an on-going issue with the allocation of points by Creation for stays paid using the card.  I repeatedly only have 1 x the £ amount when of course it should be 2 x £,  It occurs when the word "Marriott" does not appear in the transaction details sent to the credit card company by the hotel.  For example, Lingfield Park Marriott hotel & country club send "Lingfield Park Reception" and part of the Autograph Collection Threadneedles Hotel sends "Threadneedles" - neither of which get the 2 x £ points transferred to your Rewards Account.

I have raised this issue countless times with Lingfield Park, with Creation and with Marriot Rewards.  I work in IT and this is clearly a lazy piece of programming by Creation!  Rather than having a lookup table to establish which transactions qualify, they merely assume if Marriott does not appear then it's 1 x £ only.  Shoddy.  And nobody has ever offered compensation for my wasted hours getting this corrected.  There must be many many points not being given as this has been going on ever since Creation started doing the Credit card instead of Halifax.

Please post if this has happened to you - go check your statements ;-)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Credit Card by Creation UK
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Well I've checked through all my statements going back to mid last year, all are correct. Mind you, it's easy for me as I only use my Marriott card for Marriott purchases, so everything is either 2x or 4x. Even my recent Lingfield stays have credited correctly!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...