5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2016 7:27 PM by jeannieniles RSS

Residence Inn John Wayne, Irvine, Ca.

jeannieniles Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hubby and I recently stayed at this hotel, which we had been to previously and really enjoyed it.     This experience unfortunately, we encountered very rude service, we were given a room with a view of the AC system, we had done mobile check in but told "you wait in line" even though one person was available.   2nd morning we mentioned to the desk lady that our room wasn't desirable and her response was "I didn't give you that room" and walked away.  No acknowledgement of Platinum membership nor offer of points or platinum gift.    Has this hotel recently been sold?   When we visit Orange County, we always stay here and this stay was 100% opposite of normal.  .    I really dislike posting negative comments.  Called the hotel and left a voice mail for the manager.....no return call!  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Residence Inn
Irvine, Ca.
John Wayne
  • Re: Residence Inn John Wayne, Irvine, Ca.
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I am disappointed to read this, as I have a one night stay booked at this property (cat. 5 certificate) for later this week. I have always stayed at the Irvine Marriott or Newport Bayview Marriott when in the area to visit family, however as it has become increasingly more difficult to use the cat. 5 certificates in Southern California (The OC), I find myself having to stay farther and farther afield of my destinations, just to use the certs so as to not waste the benefit.  Bad enough to have to stay farther afield of a destination, then to have to suffer poor service as well.  Sorry about your experience.

If you keep an eye out well in advance of your travel, sometimes you can get a really great rate at the Irvine Marriott.  I know this doesn't address the issue at hand, but might be a good alternative, depending on your needs. If you direct message one of the moderators (listed on the home page), they can help you to get your message to the management of this property, so that the issues can be properly addressed. NathalieF

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jeannieniles Platinum

I received a nice voice mail this morning from a manager at this hotel.    I haven't connected with him yet, but he seems very willing to provide assistance.      If you aren't happy, locate someone to correct the problems.  I was so shocked at how my two attempts to remedy the situation were rebuffed by the front desk, I didn't proceed any further.   Hope it goes well.......You might try RI Costa Mesa, though it isn't as nice of an area in my opinion.     RI Irvine Spectrum is nice and close to a huge mall but it's kind of far out.     Let me know if I can help with anything.   Good Luck!!!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Thank you.  Hope your conversation with management goes well!

jeannieniles Platinum

I had a nice chat with Jacob, the operations manager this morning.  He assured me things would change the requested the next time we stay at this hotel, to reach out to him personally to make our reservation as well as if we had any problems.    Thanks for the nice memos from you too!!!

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

So sorry to hear this, jeannieniles! I'd like to share this with the property directly. Could you please send me a private message with your Rewards number? Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...