8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2016 11:34 AM by brightlybob RSS

Rewards

TonyaB Gold
Currently Being Moderated

What exactly do the credits on this site do?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards
    seatexan Platinum

They just help you keep track of how active you have been, they don't gain you anything tangible. 

You can get points by commenting, voting in poles, answering questions as correct or helpful and even following people.

There are other ways to get points but in the end they don't really mean anything.  They can be fun to gain however. Like a mini goal!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

TonyaB Gold

awesome, thank you for your response

Platinum

The earn you the prestige and envy among others.. or NOT...depending on your perspective. They can't be redeemed for anything in particular, but some just find it fun to collect. That's the long and short.

TonyaB Gold

ok cool thank you

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Insiders Credits are purely bragging rights, TonyaB

They were originally conceived as a way to gamify initial participation (lots of credits for first post, first like, opening blog etc, etc) and to record participation with high numbers of credits indicating more active participants. Alas the gamification encouragement bit of the plan worked all too well so the high credits don't necessarily indicate high participation.

Heres the latest lifetime "scores on the doors"

image.png

Taking my example, I'm number 24, and I've been an all-too-regular contributor to the site. I've not bothered about collecting credits but as a result of my participation over the last couple of years I've received 3521 of them anyway. Now look at number 10 caymangal who has 8136. She joined about 3 months ago and on Tuesday discovered she could receive 1 credit by following a member. She's now followed everyone that ever joined Boom! 8136 credits and no doubt an arthritic index fingerA magnificent (if somewhat futile) achievement or as dansplan put it, "as magnificent as a 30 foot long necklace made out of bubblegum wrappers!"

So, yeah, no value, bragging rights only.

Platinum

I hope the day never comes where you can't pull up the lifetime insider's credits. That might cause at least as much anxiety as the normal MR points lifetime display issue

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Confidentially, dansplan just bewtween you and me, right?

I didn't pull that lifetime credit page up, I've never found that page in either of my years contributing to this site. It was sent to me by another Insider during a DM convo when I said I'd never seen the league table...

So let that be our little secret, just you, me and the entire interwebthingy

TonyaB Gold

awesome, I need to up mine so I can brag lol

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...