4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2016 1:32 AM by dansplan RSS

My Marriott profile

todzwif Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am Gold Elite (almost Platinum this year whooo hoo!!) and have specified in my profile a King bed, extra towels and foam pillows; however, I rarely have the extras.  When I mentioned this to a front desk rep recently, she said that they don't look at the profile and I can always ask for extra towels/pillows if I need them.  Really?  Then why fill it out?  Feather pillows often aggravate my allergy symptoms and having a foam pillow available allows me to switch. 

I have stayed at another brand several times, and my preferred candies/soda are always in my room with a personalized note awaiting my arrival although I have no status there.  You'd think the place I am loyal would at least give me towels and pillows.  I am baffled by this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: My Marriott profile
    allleisure Platinum

A feather free room is a must for me. I make sure that that is noted on the reservation, try to remember to call ahead if it is not one of my regular stops, ask at the front desk at check-in, and check the pillows in the room.  After all of that, I still find feather pillows, sometimes.  Not frequently, thankfully. When they are discovered, I call down to the desk and request that they be changed out.  Extra towels; ask at check-in. i don't have an easy answer for that issue. It is obviously a training issue. Some properties are more attentive than others, unfortunately.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

insertcoffee Platinum

Unfortunately, this can vary depending on the brand within Marriott, and frankly, the property itself and how attentive they are to guests. If it is a limited/select service property and the daytime folks did not set your room properly for your arrival, it's more of a gotcha on arrival.

If it is something super important to me, I always call. Always. I trust no automated system in Marriott to make sure my extra shampoo or whatever it is is taken care of. If it is a regular property where I stay frequently, I'll relax on the calling once I know they have it down. Yes, all of these things are in my preferences. But in the chaos that can be a front desk, I feel more comfortable making sure a human being was taking ownership.

todzwif Platinum

I agree.  Most of the time, it just makes me feel like another number.  I travel for work, so I am in a hotel more often than at home.  I just returned from Kauai, for my 25th anniversary.  I was surprised with an upgraded room, but when I opened the door.....feather pillows.   Obviously, I didn't complain, but still...

Platinum

You know it's a super serious issue if you ever come home and find the # of beds have changed in your bedroom, towels are missing, and the foam has been replaced with feathers. At least at a hotel, you can call down to the front desk or ask before even entering and usually have these things taken care of.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...