Okay guys, a topic near and dear to your hearts.......Saving $$$$$
So, how do you know when your claim is received? Do you know how long it takes to process a claim? What if time is of essence? When does the clock start ticking? Is there a date/time stamp on the submission? Should I receive a confirmation email to indicate the claim has been received and is being processed? Can I provide a file/screenshot/or other document to support the processing of the claim? What if the competitive rate dries up before the claim is fully processed?
I'm happy to say, I've successfully filed several claims ,
I've been doing LNF for years, but thanks to help from fistuk have really boosted my LNF success rate, but it's only 1 part of my reservation strategy, indeed of my forthcoming US trip in September staying at 11 different Marriott group hotels, totalling 15 nights, 3 nights are redemptions, 5 are very cheap Marriott Reward member rates and 6 are LNF. Just one has become an Advance purchase as I just couldn't LNF that hotel at all.
All of my LNF approvals were received within 24 hours, unless I found it on a Saturday in which case I received approvals on Monday. USA/Canada are a lot easier to LNF than the EU. In fact of all my lifetime USA/Canada paid stays the vast majority have been LNF'd. Takes effort though
Lots of questions... So here are your answers:
* Once you submit a claim online you get a confirmation page indicating a successful submission.
* A claim is processed within 24 hours but usually their average response time is about 12 hours.
* In cases where time is of essence, like when your checkin time is within 24 hours of submitting the claim, they prioritize your claim and advance it in the queue. You can also call them directly and ask for your claim to be handled ASAP.
* When does the clock starts ticking? I think it's individually depended , but if you meant after submitting your claim, than it's from that very moment when you get the confirmation page.
* There is a date/time stamp on your claim (only they see it) - the time when you get the confirmation page.
* You don't get a confirmation email.
* No files or screenshots can be used by the LNF team. Your comparison rate must be actual when they process your claim.
* If your comparison rate dries up before the claim is processed than it's a bad luck and you'll get a decline response.
If you missed my guide about the LNF rate I'd recommend you to go through it: click here.
Thanks, fistuk. I've never used LNF myself, but appreciate the hip pocket guide book. It's time consuming, and for work travel, not something I'd bother with; obviously, for personal travel, there is more of an incentive for folks to do this.
OP: Congrats on being so successful with LNF, by your own admission.
I rather hoped my shoutout would tempt you to bring your expertise to bear on this one fistuk. I've just learned a big dollop more about LNF including that you can claim right up to the day, didn't realise that... Interesting.
As a matter of fact, how are you finding UK/EU LNF? I'm finding them very tough now...
Hope you're enjoying your holiday!
fistuk thanks a million for the feedback. You seem very knowledgeable about the program. Aside from your response and that which is readily available on the website, are there other rules, policies, or terms and conditions which apply to exercising a claim under the LNF/BRG Program? Just curious, are you a Marriott employee, Marriott Contractor, or Marriott patron?
many thanks for your input on the thread
Feel free to DM me any time.
Although I'm currently on a holiday, I'll try to respond ASAP.