19 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2016 5:26 PM by dansplan RSS

Disappointed

iaskquestions Member
Currently Being Moderated

Extremely Sad..

I was all ready to book a Marriott hotel.. My room choice said "One King or Two Double beds".. We clicked on two double beds and it said we are not guaranteed the room.. Extremely sad and may never be able to book a Marriott again.. Because at 11 oclock in the night.. We do NOT want 4 people sleeping on ONE bed.. I had to stay at the Double tree for a sense of Security that I would get my room I chose. Any help for the future?

• Re: Disappointed
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Change your Rewards account profile to show two double beds as your preferred and then try it again.  If that does not work which it has for me when I want a different type of bed than my profile shows, call the hotel and explain the situation.

No need to make a rash decision and not book through Marriott again, give these options a try.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iaskquestions Member

My profile is set.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iaskquestions Member

And.  This was SUPPOSED to be my first time staying at a Marriott.. I was SUPER EXCITED.. But than.. That issue happened..

Travelzebra89 Member

Sorry to hear about that.

Location Brand Hotel
        Escazu, Costa Rica
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. I've sent you a direct message for assistance.

Jsucool76 Gold

Sorry to hear about that, however, I was under the impression guaranteed bed type is a perk for gold and plat members only.

iaskquestions Member

Well than, I can never stay at a Marriott..

iaskquestions Member

Let me clarify: I just booked the Double Tree hotel yesterday.. I haven't stayed there.. Yet.

insertcoffee Platinum

Call the hotel. This is high season in many locations, with properties being very full. Request the two beds and ask for them. Not hard. Explain you have four people.

If instead you want to go to Hilton, that's fine too. If you have no status there either, we'll see what happens when you check in.

Good luck! Bon voyage!

iaskquestions Member

Whoah Whoah.. I actually don't have a status on Marriott OR Hilton.. And what do you mean? "If you have no status there either, we'll see what happens when you check in."..?

Platinum

iaskquestions It's not a personal attack. It may sound a bit short tempered, but don't react to that, life's too short (and so am I). ...

Short of paying for two rooms, with no status, it's very hard to get most of the large chains to commit to # of beds. I agree it's semi-ridiculous since I also don't want to figure out who sleeps on the floor or pop out couch or rollaway after I arrive, but sounds like you feel the DoubleTree will take care of you. I've found it's very inconsistent among the chain as a whole and would recommend calling ahead, talking to a manager, and letting them know it's not optional, so can they guarantee or not. Chances are, if you are nice about it, and they have a room with 2 beds at the time you are talking to them, they will actually block the room. If not, at least you know. Best you can do really without status most places. If you don't use the hotels website and use travelocity or something else, chances are slim you'll get what you want period. Just telling you how it works in my 20+ years travelling, not how I'd like it to work.

iaskquestions Member

Well I booked direct.. AND.. I paid MONEY for MY ROOM! But. I will definitely chat with their customer service to block the room.. My father always books the hotels and we always get what we want.. So.. Yeah. I paid for a Executive Level stay with two doubles.. We usually ALWAYS get what we want.. I have never known about this "Not getting your  number of beds".. But I believe you.. I hope I can get some explanation as it never said in any disclaimers I may not get my room.. Thanks for the information though!

Platinum

They usually will show you at the time of booking if the type of room is guaranteed or not. That way you can cancel or call, and there's no charge at most hotels for cancelling as long as it's within a 24 hr (or whatever they state - can be less) window. That's 24 hours from when you will actually check-in, not measured from when you made the reservation. The exception are prepaid rates. Car rentals mostly work the same way. ....Unlike airlines, where you end up stuck paying for a flight you won't need ...for hotels as long as you don't back out at the last minute, you can cancel and rebook somewhere where you CAN get a guaranteed room type. In contrast  - Most flights are non-refundable as soon or very soon after you booked.

iaskquestions Member

chobbits Platinum

is this dude on commission from Hilton ??

Platinum

Seems like it's just be less work to travel with any extra bed just in case

Platinum

more likely being comped a room here or there...sans extra bed of course!

iaskquestions Member

Haha I wish.

Platinum

Ya - I am at Homewood Suites now with 1BR upgrade and Diamond Status, but I really want to return to my RI, even though they only have a choice of studios or 2BR. So the grass is definitely not necessarily greener, just different.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...