9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2016 11:11 AM by 702rugbyref RSS

Platinum benefits when booking with points

jhincle Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I can probably find this in the T&C on the Marriott site, but I thought I'd throw it out there instead.  When booking with points at a Marriott or Renaissance do you still get Platinum benefits such as club lounge access, etc. 

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum benefits when booking with points
    stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

So long as there is a club, yes. Resorts don't have one, so if you redeem for a stay at a resort, see other threads on resort fees, but no clubs at resorts. Some resorts have a platinum card they give you for discounts on breakfast, dinner, parking, etc. You also get your amenity at check in, even on points (FS Marriott 500 points or $10 F&B) also. In some properties, they will also give you a room upgrade (subject to availability), again, even if on a rewards stay. Hope that helps

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jhincle Platinum

Thanks for the reply, saved me digging through the fine print.

j&c Platinum

We have found properties are less likely to upgrade if paying with points. C

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

j&c,

Not doubting your statement just curious how you've come to the conclusion that a property is "less likely to upgrade if paying with points"?  Have you been told that by some places possibly?

trkjky Gold

This happens more often than not. When requesting an upgrade I get the "Let me ask my manager" response. At Gold level whether you are using points or not it shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry to hear that, seems the GM's should empower their associates to make on the smart spot decisions.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I've found that it makes no difference. All benefits (including upgrades) have not been dependent on whether I use points or not. Some of my best upgrades have come on points redemptions.

That is what I find as well makes no difference.  I was hoping to learn more of why that belief, but oh well.

702rugbyref Platinum

Good discussion since I am using my points for the first time in November at Pier One Sydney Australia.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...