7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2016 9:20 PM by dansplan RSS

remember when we used to get asked to post reviews?

wolverine66 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I haven't gotten one of those post-stay emails asking me to review a property for quite some time. I wish I had for my two recent stays at the Providence, RI Marriott. I hadn't stayed there in a couple of years and wow, is this property sinking. It's too bad because Providence is holding on and even rising in some ways, and this is a great geographic location, but we had inconsistent housekeeping, only one functioning elevator in the "tower" where I stayed both times, random holes in walls and doors (yes, the door to the hallway), etc. The executive lounge was not well-stocked or staffed. And why is it that we get more than a continental breakfast there, but are only eligible for a continental breakfast in the restaurant on weekends? I realize that's a Marriott-wide issue (hello, Autograph Collection!) and not particular to the Providence, Marriott. Anyway, the regular restaurant was staffed by wonderful people, who were clearly trying to cover too much ground. I emailed the property manager two weeks ago and have not even received the courtesy of a response. I have expectations where Marriott properties are concerned -- that's how Marriott has earned my loyalty. But I expect all Marriott properties to meet some minimum standards. Providence Marriott was a definite miss.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Providence, Rhode Island, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Providence Marriott Downtown
  • Re: remember when we used to get asked to post reviews?
    caohnso50 Platinum

I agree.  I had a stay in Brazil a few months ago and I wanted to commend the staff when I got back, but I was never asked.  It hurts them when they don't let loyal members like us speak our minds.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

While I don't get many opportunities to review properties, my latest is showing on Marriott.com.

Ambassador Hotel Wichita, Autograph Collection Reviews | Wichita Hotel Reviews

Of perhaps 30 stays this year, I've gotten maybe two requests to provide a review. It would be nice to have more chances to do so. I will say that every time I get one of these emails, I make sure to complete the review. Knowing they aren't sent out to everyone, I want my voice heard.

wolverine66 Gold

Yes, I always do the reviews and they are overwhelmingly positive. Of 29 stays this year, I've been asked once. I confess I have no idea what a Tipple placemat is.

Platinum

wolverine66  - The lack of a review section on MRI has been discussed at length, but regardless, there's nothing to stop anyone from commenting/reviewing a property, starting a review blog, etc. If you and others (I sure do) feel that we have a very experienced group of MR property dwellers/guests, then, let's have someone with the time and inclination go for it, and we'll all pop over to your new blog and try not to let it devolve into discussions about things like Tipple placemats, etc

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You don't even have to write a blog just start a thread with "Review of XXXX" in Discussions and we will see it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...