3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2016 5:12 PM by lobsterdevil RSS

Cash + Points Rewards--Any Success?

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When Marriott Rewards announced the new Cash + Points Rewards I was very excited.  Some other hotel chains have had this feature for a while.

cashplusrewards.JPG

The concept is great but the problem I have experienced is there has been very few properties that are participating in the Cash + Points Rewards option.  I was hoping that all Marriott properties would be participating like they do for full night reward redemptions.

This week I finally found one property where the Cash + Points Rewards worked out for me.  I needed to book two rooms at a hotel for a weekday night in Northern Virginia.  On the weekends its very easy to find deals in the Northern Virginia area but on weekdays the rates are significantly higher.  I found the Fairview Park Marriott in Falls Church (Cat 4) offered the Cash + Points rewards which is a and one of my favorite properties in the area. The regular rate for that night would have been $224 a night (before taxes) but I was able to book each room for $60 a night plus 11,0000 points.  Definitely a good redemption value. 

I'm curious if other Insiders have have had good luck with Cash + Points Rewards?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Falls Church, Virginia, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
  • Re: Cash + Points Rewards--Any Success?
    shari514 Platinum

I have used the cash and points twice, once in Savannah at the Residence Inn and again at the Renaissance in Denver.  I have never had any issues and it think it works great!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Have had very good luck using cash and points option at properties where it has been offered.  Mind you not all do offer it as I think it is similar to using strictly points which as you know is based on room inventory. 

It has saved me quite a few dollars as well as points for stays.

lobsterdevil Platinum

I used Cash + Points at the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards recently (Category 6).  I was surprised that this was available when the Orioles were in town!  It was a breeze to walk to and from the baseball game and the hotel parking with in/out privs was actually cheaper than any of the lots near the stadium.  No upgrade but late checkout was not a problem!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...