5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2016 2:54 PM by alphabuster RSS

Just signed up here! Have a question re. lifetime points suddenly at 0!

mally Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi everyone,

I just signed up for Marriott Rewards Insiders since we are doing a lot of traveling this year. I finally figured out how to look at my lifetime status, and I noticed that I have 0 points. I saw that in July there were a number of posts discussing this problem. Does anyone know if it's been sorted out or who to contact about this issue? Thanks so much!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Just signed up here! Have a question re. lifetime points suddenly at 0!
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi mally.  Welcome to Insiders!!  Our website is currently experiencing a glitch in which the totals are not showing up for our members however this will be fixed by the end of the month.  In the mean time, if you would like to see your totals, you can either call the Rewards Customer Service line at1-888-236-2427 or we can take a look for you. I've sent you a direct message just in case.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

alphabuster Platinum

Seems like this glitch happens pretty consistently.  I've been watching my account and some months it's available and since about mid July it's been showing zero for lifetime status. 

singlaricky Platinum

I even noticed the lifetime points link is no longer visible in my account to look for the total.

insertcoffee Platinum

Welcome to Insiders.

carat is a Marriott representative who, along with five other good folks, are the CMs for the board.

If you look through the postings, there are multiple threads on this very topic, which has been much discussed, and they might shed additional history and/or light on the topic for you.

Your points are very safe-- users just can't see them for right now until the IT issue is resolved-- and MR will be happy to tell you your total with a call. Not as convenient, agreed, but they're there.

alphabuster Platinum

I don't think any of us are worried the points are gone.  The concern for me anyway is more that they disappear over and over and are blamed over and over on an IT "glitch" that is fixed "at the end of the month"... only to be broken again ad nauseam.  Lots of history on this issue but not much light, per se.  Glad that the folks at MR are looking into it (again), hope we get a more permanent fix in the near future.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...