22 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2016 4:42 PM by dansplan RSS

Please Stop The Friends Day Sweepstakes

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How long must this thing go on?  Everyone it seems who signs up for this is a brand new Insider except for a few and anyone believe we'll ever see them again? 

Please shut that thing down as it's catching up with Aviation Geeks number of posts!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Dallas, Texas, USA
Dallas
  • Re: Please Stop The Friends Day Sweepstakes
    seatexan Platinum

LOL! I giggled at this.  Reminds me of the....what was it? Elite Stories?

I would invite friends but I hate spamming them with these things.  My friends would roll their eyes at me because they know how much I love Marriott and are sick of hearing it.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

As I mentioned on that thing, almost all my friends are Reward members anyway and those who are not do know what Marriott is anyway!!

Platinum

Too funny - I can just see you trying to get them to follow along with you on this site and them slowly backing away thinking you may have gone mad and had too much Marriott Kool-aid

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Actually, it's probably a way to get one or two more people to become active on Insiders.

Everyone who wants to enter has to come here and post. You're right that most of them will never post again. Marriott has been trying for years to get folks to come over here and check things out. These sweepstakes seem to be doing the trick. It doesn't seem to be encouraging many to stick around, though. I don't think Elite Stories or the sweepstakes on the topic of free wifi did much to add regular users to the site. This one won't either. I applaud Marriott for trying to find new ways to get people to look at MRI even if most of them will disappear in a day or two.

insertcoffee Platinum

But will they try to steal the loving cup from certain Insiders, and follow 2000 people?  Stay tuned!

2,000 how about almost 5,000?

nationwide Platinum

That particular number is over 8,000 total when I checked this morning.  caymangal I felt special when you followed me and I was only number 1,400ish...  Gosh, how must number 7,999 feel?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes, nationwide I saw a picture of the cute blonde caymangal who'd decided to follow me and thought, "yeah man, she must be into Hawaiian shirts and flatulence - I still got it!" It kinda lifted my day...

Now I find she's followed YOU  

Gutted

nationwide Platinum

Yep brightlybob, me AND over 8,000 of our closest friends   I do like the shirts though If that's any consolation

Platinum

brightlybob Just came back to this thread and nearly fell on the floor when I saw your "Hawaiian shirts and flatulence" common. Surely if you could find a girl who went for that, you'd be set

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

How right you are, dansplan, but alas caymangal hasn't taken that much notice of me since she began following me, it might be that she prefers bejacob and his outrageous shirts instead of my Hawaiian ones.

Or could it be I'm insufficiently flatulent?

Platinum

brightlybob with her following almost everyone, I think her criteria is closer to "heartbeat"  ..check   "able to post at least once?"   check   "ok - I'm good"  Alas, the mods have corraled her off to Mistrchk-land no doubt

Actually, they haven't. Unlike misterchk, her account is still active. She just hasn't logged in. That is a significant difference.

Platinum

Right, but they have put a stop to her being able to follow anyone, so you really don't know what's happening unless you have a back channel to the CMs we are not aware of

Have they, now? Just her?

I got a recent alert that another user has started following me. I decided it was someone I wanted to follow in return. Worked like a charm. I even got a "point" for doing so. I don't think it's possible to prevent a single user from actions available to the rest of us (though I fully admit I'm not certain about that).

Just curious on what you base your comment.

Platinum

based on a DM - and perhaps a public post as well - I'll leave you to dig that up. Don't audit me.

I'm guessing you have that "back channel" then since you know.

Come to think of it, I joined MRI because of a sweepstakes so maybe these aren't such a good thing after all.

Dallasrediscovered Member

I signed up for Insiders just recently and in the pastate 12 hours or so have earned 45 credits from scoring through the site which I have to say as a newbie who is quite tech savvy isn't easy. The Friends Day, (I'm assuming that's the Reward Your Friend Promotion) seemed like the one sure fire way to get my points jump started again. My husband and I became almost top level members with Hyatt, Hilton, and IHG last summer and didn't stay once at a Marriott and I decided I wanted to look into them again for a potential staycation here in Dallas evenot though we don't get our friends and family discount anymore. So you will be seeing a lot of me around here :-)

Location Brand Hotel
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Dallas

Seeing lots of you and your postings is wonderful, I look forward reading of your travels and such so don't be a stranger.

Platinum

I think the aviation geeks rock. Grilling thread ppl too. What's the harm in one and done sweepstakes MRIs? They are not taking up space on our little island, and if a few actually stay, that's great in my book.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...