14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2016 11:28 AM by iahflyr RSS

Marriott Rewards Insiders - Live and In Person!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

In case you've been paying too much attention to the US election news lately and missed all the previous announcements, many of the folks who contribute regularly to this site will be meeting in Houston in mid-September.

Rather than link to all the previous discussion, here are the details.

Who: Many of the most active posters on MRI

What: Get toghether to meet face-to-face and share stories

When: September 16-17, 2016

Where: JW Houston Downtown

Why: Because brightlybob is coming to town

Come meet some of the folks you've come to know and love like, plus a few you just tolerate.

Amazingly enough, brightlybob isn't the only one planning to join us from the UK, fistuk is also on the list.

If that's not enough, how about our Houston-based buddies IAHFLYR and nationwide?

Still not satisfied. Let's add a couple of experts on London and Paris, jerrycoin and pluto77.

How about a few millennials like SeaTexan, Jsucool76, or jakeal?

Still not sure. What if I told you erc is coming out of seclusion for this? Some of our newer folk will not know who he is, but I promise you, you'll want to meet him.

We've also got our friend from up north (no, IAHFLYR, not the city up north, the country up north) peymanagement. And painedplatinum, razorbackfan, nmballoonist, foxglove, gm1, Sledchick, tef6178, jerryl... well the list goes on and on. Brightlybob is keeping a full tally of everyone planning on joining us.

If you want to join us, there is still time, though not much. We've arranged for a special rate at the JW Marriott Houston Downtown. Check out this link to make reservations Marriott Rewards Insiders Booking Page. Just remember you need to book by 8/17/2016 and let us know you'll be there.

Oh, one last enticement. NathalieF has arranged for Marriott to host a cocktail reception for us on Saturday evening from 7-9pm.

So if your schedule allows, drop everything right now and book your room. Then get your plane or train tickets (unless you plan to drive) and meet us in Houston in mid-September. You can always read about it on Insiders after the fact, but wouldn't you rather be there?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Houston Downtown
  • Re: Marriott Rewards Insiders - Live and In Person!
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I've been looking forward to being able to meet some of the Insiders for years and finally it is within six weeks from happening.  This will be a special weekend gathering with many more attending than we ever thought when the plans were being put in place, made only more EPIC by the stories that will be told and friends to make.

Speaking of our ole pal erc, those who are new here you need to know that this person is a legend and is sure to provide many laughs, tails, historical Marriott data among other useless facts and more.  To steal a few of the famous and often used phrases erc loved to give us....."Insiders keep on keepin' on" and "Stick it to the Man"!!!!!  Oh how many is Aviation Geeks up to know Sir?

Then we have jerrycoin the true gentleman of Insiders (sorry others, but you know he is) with his countless stories of numerous travels.  My grilling pal foxglove and his new grill plus possible lessons on how to grow beautiful gardens and vegetables.

Oh we cannot forget the gals and Av Geeks, pluto77, SeaTexan, nmballoonist among those attending so I know we will have more stories to tell.  And last but not least, the golfers such as nationwide, peymanagement who along with myself will surely be full of golf laughs that grow taller with each beverage.

I apologize as I know I've forgotten some, but it's only because in Texas we start having Margarita's early in the day and I've enjoyed a nice Mexican lunch so nuff said!!!

Can't wait to see "all y'all" in town soon.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Dallasrediscovered Member

I might actually have to attend this event.

seatexan Platinum

Quite excited!

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Shaping up to be an epic event.

Looking forward to reading all about it!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Just back from the venue itself and will be putting some photos and small review of the JW soon.

Jsucool76 Gold
    It's the final countdown
    da-da-da da,
    du-du-da-da da,
    da-da-da da,
    bum-bum-ba-dum bum bum bum bum
    da-da-da
    da-da-da-da-da-da
    bum bum...
    da-da-da-da-da

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Live and in Person, bejacob, very 21st century title!

I'm not sure about the "why" bit though... But it makes me sound important, so what the heck, I'll own it!

I cannot believe that when we began discussing this it was more than 240 days away, now it's down to the last 40, and only 10 more days left to book it.

Real lookin' forward to meetin' y'all all for us hoedown in Houston, yeehaw... (How's my Texan doing now IAHFLYR, SeaTexan, nationwide?)

chobbits Platinum

Lots of platinum members hanging out together !

#innuendooverload

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...