15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2017 1:30 PM by stlram RSS

Positive Customer Service Experience

702rugbyref Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I think it is as important to recognize positive experiences as well as the negatives (and they do get more attention for sure).

As we all know, the spring mega bonus got us an opportunity to earn a free Cat 1-5 (not the issue). I had planned to use it this weekend whilst on a rugby trip to Memphis. I had a change in plans slightly and will not be able to use the free night that was due to expire later this week. I called MR Customer Service and spoke with 'Katherine' (sp) and explained my situation and asked if it were possible to extend the free night until Labor Day weekend. After about 10 minutes and keeping me informed while she worked on it, she eventually came back to advise me that my certificate has been extended a full year! Much to my surprise but thankful nonetheless.

Not sure what happened in this situation but I am thankful for courtesy, respect and understanding this agent exemplified above and beyond my expectations. SHOUTOUT!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Positive Customer Service Experience
    seatexan Platinum

Thank you! You have reminded me to call and get mine extended too. I'll be using it Labor Day weekend so I hope I can get it extended.  I'll report back! Hooray for positives! ;D

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

That's awesome.  I had a similar experience and was told NO, can't extend it.  I called back about a week later and the nice gent cancelled the MegaBonus Cert and issued me a Global Cert I think it is called also good for a year.  Glad you got to get the same experience.

It appears Marriott will not allow an extension of a MegaBonus Cert anymore, so it's nice to find a Customer Service Rep who thinks outside the Marriott Tic Tac mint box!!

702rugbyref Platinum

Come to think about it, I think mine is a Global Cert as well...changed to I guess.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Love seeing this!  Thanks for sharing and for starting a trend, 702rugbyref!! 

702rugbyref Platinum

More than welcome. It is important to recognize the positive accomplishments without the whining. If I had lost it, I would have booked a room tonight in Vegas a few blocks from my house and used it but thankfully, I don't have to do that.

702rugbyref Platinum

Thanks. It is soooo frustrating when folks dwell on negative stuff. I get it happens but we just become more cynical everyday and everyone needs to make the effort to turn that tide.

seatexan Platinum

Ok I just got off the phone with Ruth in Salt Lake City - extension 5094.  I told her she was amazing and thanked her profusely!

She even fixed my reservation and added the two certs to it.  So now I am 100% set! C'mon Labor Day weekend! Party!

702rugbyref Platinum

Very happy to hear. I think mine showed up as a Global Replacement Cert.

seatexan Platinum

My old one is still showing as is the 2nd one...its for a year.

But my reservation has two listed. I guess the ones in my acct will *poof* after my stay?  I have never used a cert before, so I am not quite sure how they show when they are scheduled on a reservation to be used.

702rugbyref Platinum

I have 2 listed from this transaction and now have 3 unused certs. Ugghhhh....

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Lovely story 702rugbyref.  I am pleased you received such excellent service.

702rugbyref Platinum

It is refreshing when one has a positive customer service experience for sure.

702rugbyref Platinum

I stopped by the CY/SHS in Memphis to check it out in case I ever go back to Memphis. IF I do go back, they are both near everything in midtown Memphis including Rendezvous - YUMMY Ribs etc, ball park, trolley, Mississippi River walk...

stlram Platinum 15 Reviews

Thanks for the tip. I'm fairly certain that outcome will be depended upon member circumstances as well as conversational tone and recipient's (customer service agent) willingness to assist.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...