17 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2016 4:09 PM by monisame RSS

Double Elite Nights Credit

retiredbkr Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

In checking my account this morning I noticed that the Double Elite Nights promotion no longer shows as being active.  I called Marriott where I was advised that I had reached the maximum nights available under the promotion.  After advising the person I spoke to that to the best of my knowledge there was no limit she then asked if it had ever shown as a promotion for me; this after just saying that I had been credited with 17 nights under the promotion.  After then being placed on hold for several minutes she came back on the line to say that Marriott was experiencing computer problems and that she had been advised they were receiving similar calls from other members.  No estimate as to when the situation may be fixed and her suggestion was that I keep checking my account to see if it had been reinstated.  A heads up if you were registered under this particular promotion you may want to check to see if it is still being shown on your account.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Double Elite Nights Credit
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

This sounds like the same thing that was happening to our Bexit friends...Hey brightlybob, does this look familiar?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Well, painedplatinum, thanks for the shoutout. Now retiredbkr I do have a solution, though I can claim no credit for it.

This has been an ongoing problem for some time but a few days ago a UK member, Tommo781 reported he had this promo on his account and could drill down to his progress too. It turns out the promo is still shown on the "my promos" page on the UK site at www.marriott.co.uk. Thereafter an American member, bejacob then tried to access his account using the UK site and up popped his promos too (obviously not the double nights though, cos he's American and double nights isn't offered there).

Now I don't really use the UK site as I'm a regular here and this site can only be accessed via marriott.com but when I went to marriott.co.uk I found that I can see my promos and drill down to my progress.

Short answer, retiredbkr, go to Marriott.co.uk and login, you'll see the promo page works perfectly there. I just visited a few mins ago and currently have 13 bonus nights from the promo!

trevfour Platinum

It's not that retiredbkr is only having a problem with the promo page though painedplatinum and brightlybob , the problem is they have been told by MR that there is a limit on the number of double elite nights one can attain. This surely can't be correct?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Oh, trevfour I took the view that had been answered by retiredbkr in his original post, that CS whilst initially stating he'd reached the max, then changed their mind after being challenged and admitted the IT snafu.

As far as I'm aware there's no limit, here's my screenshot of the promo taken right now on the UK site. No limit is stated:

image.png

monisame Platinum

As far as I know. There is no limit. All the stays you achieve during the applicability of the promo counts. From june to the end of december. 

I was enroled , but it does not appear "in my promotions". But I am still getting the double nights.

YogiB Platinum

I'm, sort of, in the middle of you people: in the drop-down menu "My profile" it says I'm currently not enrolled in any promotions, but when I go to promotion central, both the Double Elite Nights and Global 2016 are shown with progress.

Leaving on a trip in one week, so we'll see if it works properly.

P.S. This is through Marriott.com (I could type Marriott.ca, but it will simply redirect to .com, with the additional question EN or FR).

asteris Platinum 1 Reviews

I just stayed two nights in Bristol and was credited with 4 elites and I've been credited with 25 extra nights since it started so I've not come across the limit yet.

YogiB Platinum

I believe the only limit is the end date. So with a lot of paid stays, it's a delight to see those elite nights racking up in double speed!

monisame Platinum

There is no limit. You can achieve double nights till the end of the promotion.

disneydiva Platinum

Is this promotion only valid in the UK?  Just stayed at the Gaylord for the weekend, last weekend Marriott New Orleans, and this coming weekend at the courtyard in Dallas.  Would love some double elite credit since this may be it for platinum for me (changed jobs)

monisame Platinum

The promo is only valid from non us citizens. Those who are in get a double elite night for each stay from june to december.  

YogiB Platinum

You can register for the promotion if you're a resident from any country except the US of A (they already have plenty of advantages any way). And once you're registered, any PAID night in any Marriott-related property around the world (yes, including the ones located within the USA) will give you double elite nights.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi all,

While this promotion may not be appearing on Promotion Central, the promotion is still actively adding the double Elite nights. You can view your “Promotional Elite nights” under “2016 Nights Detail” to see this addition.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I am so happy!  I returned yesterday from a 9 night stay in York, and this morning I find all my points have been added already, and 18 elite nights.  That takes me up to 46 nights.  As regulars know, my travel has been curtailed due to a medical condition, and I vary between silver and gold nowadays.  But as I have another 5 nights booked within the promotion time, I will definitely achieve gold again.

Thank you Marriott!!!!

trevfour Platinum

Well done Tommo781, racking up 18 elite nights while enjoying yourself can't be bad.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Absolutely trevfour!  As we have established you know the hotel as well.  They looked after us wonderfully, we had a lovely 3 days at the races, and the rest of the time was spent with our lovely friends in York. The double elite nights were the icing on the cake.  Perfect!

monisame Platinum

Great !!!! you are on the way.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...