3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2016 10:19 PM by stelzer001 RSS

Bend, OR

amber.m Member
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone familiar with the Fairfield Inn and the TownePlace suites in Bend, OR?  If so, do you recommend one over the other?  I'm doing a quick trip for work so just looking for which ever hotel is nicer/newer.

Thank you

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Bend, Oregon, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Bend Downtown
  • Re: Bend, OR
    Platinum

amber.m It's been quite a while, but I can definitely say the TownSuites were better. Most TS's in the same town are a step up from FF in the same town except in rare cases

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seachi Platinum

More points out of FI, so that'd be my vote.

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

My daughter is a school in Bend so we go out there and have stayed at the FFI in Bend in the past year before I realized there was more to life than a high priced FFI in this part of Oregon. . Its OK, but way too expensive for what it is ( a Fairfield), at $250/nite even with MR member rate, and AAA rate is no better, never seems oit have a true off season, and never has a prepay rate. As I have come to learn, Bend is a destination for hiking, golf, sport fishing, snowboarding, etc. If it was a full serve Marriott, it would be a resort. It has prices that can exceed major cities (Like Chicago, Dallas, LA, etc.). So I researched and looked around and stay at a Best western in Redmond for 1/2 the cost of a FFI (yes, I know I don't get MR points this way), and Redmond is where the airport is, so when we fly in or out we can make to the airport in very short time. And getting to Redmond is a chore, as there are direct flight only from Portland, LA, PHX, SF and Denver. And its far from any other major airport  (Portland is about 3.5 hours away). For anyone east of Denver its just painful getting there.

So, FFI is OK, nothing special, beds are just OK, no feather pillows (its still a FFI), beds tend to be small for king size, and decoration is suitable FFI drab.

Now, I am not a snob, I stay at FFI's elsewhere, but given the location and lack of real competition, they kinda charge what the market bears. So if you need to be in Bend proper, its OK, but the Hiltons there are actually nicer and more central to downtown for the same price.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...