8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2016 9:12 AM by fschumpert RSS

Marriott Ocean Palms vs. Ocean Pointe

sc2016 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hello! We are in the process of booking a unit for December 2016.  Does anyone have any experiences at both of these resorts - it is just my husband & I going so we were leaning towards Ocean Pointe because they have 1 Bedroom rooms, however I've read that Ocean Palms is better for adults?  I currently have reservations at both but wanted to get some input before committing.  We may end up doing 3 nights at Ocean Palms and switch to Ocean Pointe for our last night due to the cost of points. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Ocean Palms vs. Ocean Pointe
    psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

I have stayed at Ocean Pointe at there are tons of families.  Nice place, nice units, but again it is a family oriented resort.  I visited Ocean Palms and it is far more luxurious and far more adult.  Between the two, if it were just my wife and I, that would be my choice.  Have also stayed at the Marriott Singer Island.  Beautiful place - more family oriented, as well, though.  Ocean Palms was originally being built as a Ritz Carlton residence, from what they told me on the tour.  It is pretty swanky.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

If both cost the same, I would recommend Oceana Palms. It is a high rise so all villas have view of the ocean. The property is much smaller than Ocean Pointe, but it has a nice pool, wider beach (complimentary self-service lounge chairs), good fitness center, and nicer villas with large balconies. Ocean Pointe is also very nice and has more of a resort feel, but you need to be on a high floor to see the ocean, and there aren't any complimentary beach chairs.

The main pool at Ocean Pointe will be closed in September for major rennovation, but might be reopened by December. There is major construction of new buildings South of Oceana Palms, so you should request a North view to avoid the noise.

ltcolretired Platinum

I have stayed at both --

Ocean Pointe -- much larger grounds -- and kid friendly - more pools -- no "complementary beach chairs" and also nice if you like to walk --if you have a higher (4 +) floor and Ocean Front the view is great

Oceana Palms -- a bit more elegant set-up (with great balconies with views of ocean or intercostal or both ) and newer and more laid back AND they do have complimentary beach chairs right on the beach

Maximizing points is a great idea --and 2/2 would work out

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great insight here!  Thanks psudad, superchief1 & LTCOLRETIRED!!

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

I agree with earlier posts, and would offer the following comments:

We're headed to Marriott Oceana Palms last week in September, staying in 2 BR villa using our "Destination Points". The Sunrise Tower affords beach front room; however, even the rooms with side view of ocean are quite nice.

If you don't use MVC points, the cost/night here is some $270, I believe.

Will let you know of our experience following our visit.

keplertracker Platinum

We stayed at the Oceana Palms and it's a great resort!   The grounds are laid out nicely so people don't congregate too much in one area.   The lobby had a great chocolate fountain where the kids made sundaes.   There are lots of activities (as this is a Vacation Club property) and as a couple you can still take advantage (poolside bingo is fun, and lots of food and drink specials throughout the day).   Beach is very nice with gate and showers by sand so you can rise off before heading back to resort grounds.   The pool is nice and quiet before 9am so I did laps in solitude before the kids arrived.   Also the Palms had great and free cabanas for use.   It's a great way to spend the day - snag a cabana and couch and then relax and enjoy the weather.   Both towers are fine for the view - just get a higher floor.  We were on intercoastal on 6th floor and had a great view.   Rooms are fresh and inviting and very comfortable - we shopped at the Safeway on the northern end of the island and made fresh seafood every night.    Oh - and bring mosquito repellent (Zika) if you wander the beach after sunset and the buggers come out hungry.  

Have great trip!

Oceana even provides mosquito spray at poolside, I understand, but I'm bringing some with me just in case.

Have posted replies earlier, but here is my later reply from my stay at Oceana Palms last week in September:

Singer Island - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

From talking to others - including those who have worked at both Marriott facilities - I'd suggest Oceana Palms in a heartbeat! And, there are plenty of activities for kids of all ages, although, perhaps not as many in December.

Fred

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...