3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2016 6:30 PM by seachi RSS

Incomplete listings in "Browse by Destination"

seachi Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else noticed that the "Browse by Destination" regularly shows an incomplete listing of properties? With no filters applied I'd expect it to list every property.

Here's an example - I'm trying to see the properties in Vancouver BC. When browsing by Canada properties, it only shows a single property - Delta. However, when searching by City with dates applied, I notice there's 4 properties.

I had this lead to an unfortunate booking on one occasion - I booked a stay during New Years in Brooklyn when browsing by "New York City" when later discovering the Marriott Marquis was available, if searching by city. We watched the ball drop from our room, which was much better than how our experience almost ended up in Brooklyn.

temp1.PNG

temp2.PNG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Incomplete listings in "Browse by Destination"
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

There is an easy explanation for that.

When you do a search by location, only the first 20 properties show up (you can expand the list to 40 at the bottom of the page). If you look at the properties by "List" and then click on the next page at the bottom, 20 different properties will appear, When you go back to "Map" view, the Delta (and the other 19 from the first page) will be gone, replaced by the next 20 in the list.

In your first image, it says there are 146 properties available. The Delta hotel must be in the top 20, so it appears on the map. Your second image shows that 7 properties fit the criteria, so all of them in that area show up.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seachi Platinum

Thanks - this appears to be the case. Clicking back to the "List" tab to see more hotels in the "Map" tab is not intuitive.

You'd think displaying 140 data points on a map wouldn't be too complex. Big data is a thing and this would be seemingly simple to do.

Planning a road trip across Canada would be a lot easier if you could see all the properties at once on a map.

Hope web admins crawl through these forums or other staff would share the feedback with them.

702rugbyref Platinum

Only time I notice this is when I put restrictions on the rates such as AAA, Corporate Code, etc.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...