38 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2016 7:11 PM by lcnessie RSS

No Instagram Following Reward Points for YOU!!(?)

visyak Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I received an email from Marriott Rewards offering rewards points for following Marriott Rewards on Instagram.  I followed Marriott Rewards on my Instagram account back in mid June and still no rewards points!  NO INSTAGRAM FOLLOWING REWARDS POINTS FOR YOU!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No Instagram Following Reward Points for YOU!!(?)
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi visyak.  I'd like to look into this for you and make sure you receive your points. I've sent you a direct message for additional details.  Talk soon!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

TKlimited39 Member

Carat, will you send me a link too as well?

j&c Platinum

Hi Carat! We haven't received our points either. Can you check for us, too, please? J&C

Platinum

Hey j&c -

carat and friends are helping - that's good. What's not good is this is yet another case of Marriott IT / Software Dev screw up being handled one person at a time. Appreciate the only help that's available here, but why not work on root causes of these issues. Community Managers - would love to hear a sincere reply to my question.

When we notice a trend, like members experiencing the same issue, we make sure the appropriate team is made aware. From there we follow up with the appropriate team to see if a resolution has been reached or if there are any updates to share.  When we receive those updates, we pass them along to the community. We know the IT issues have been frustrating and we'd like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused!

Sure can, j&c and TKlimited39.  Would you both mind sending me a direct message with your Instagram handles?  Thanks!!

TKlimited39 Member

Thank you so much Carat for fixing the situation.

nmballoonist Platinum

Thanks for offering to help.  I PM'd you with my info because I have not gotten my points yet.

nmballoonist Platinum

These posts reminded me to check my account for the promotional points.  When I saw I had not received them I PM'd Cara with my info and within a day, I had my points.

Thanks to CaraT for helping out again.

ljvfiji Platinum

Thank you for bringing it up. I thought I was the only one.

rmk1825 Platinum

I also didn't get my points for following on Instagram.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Please send me a direct message with the info requested above and we'll look into it.

Chrisbuz Gold

And I am in the same club. Followed but no points

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

*sigh* I learned the hard way that Marriott isn't serious about these bonus points offers. I fell for the schpiel a few years ago and did a Hertz booking. No points. And linked my MR to my UA account. Again, no points, though I did chase that up, and thanks to a mod here finally received the points. Way, waaaaay to much effort for 1,000 points, which is worth about 10 bucks!

I operate on the principal "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!" and have refused to participate in any other Marriott special activity bonuses so no Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, instead I just see these offers made, ignore and watch out on Flyertalk and here for the inevitable multiplicity of complaints concerning points not posting.

Why doesn't Marriott fix it's appalling IT? Well not all its IT is bad, its website (Marriott.com) is easily the best of the big boys with great info, functionality and usability, my only issue is that for multi night searches it posts only the cheapest night which makes it difficult to discern the real cost without going more deeply. It's charging IT is excellent, always accurate, no folios ever missed... Not ever. It's point awarding is however poor and getting worse, so far this year I'm running at a 40% point-shorting rate against stays and its "points in lieu of breakfast" scheme is simply appalling with a 100% failure rate. Likewise it seems, these social activity schemes. So why no solution? Well I bet Marriott saves millions of points from this IT "foul-up" - so why change something that saves so much???

Marriott social activity bonuses, DON'T GO THERE - unless you like chasing up the (tiny amount of) points...

trevfour Platinum

I've never understood the "points in lieu of breakfast" scheme. Is it something you have to claim, or do they check that you were not signed in on the breakfast register? The last time I asked the front desk, they had never heard of it.

On the failure to post points and stays, I agree with you brightlybob, if nothing happens after 48 hours, it is not going to without further prompting. I have asked both the front desk and MR, front desk say they process the stay and points, MR say it's a training issue. Both say they have a problem with the Senior Rate.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

There are 2 points instead of breakfast schemes.

The one I'm talking about is a select group of about a dozen Marriotts worldwide that are exempt from providing free breakfast at weekends when lounges are closed, in those circumstances they should automatically credit the member 1000 points each day in lieu. I've only stayed at 2 of them, at weekends, the NYC Marquis and the Philly Marriott. Both "forgot" to post the points. I wonder how many millions of points they save each year with such "forgetfulness"

The the second scheme applies to FS hotels where you can opt to receive 750 points instead of breakfast. No experience of that as I always take the brekkie.

Chrisbuz Gold

YYou are right, I won't be fooled again. Cara sorted it all very quickly though

jgwinnup Silver

I'm also in the same boat

alammari Platinum

hmmm I thought I was the only one experiencing this, found this discussion by accident.

Carat seems like you've helped the others (as you always do) to get their 500 points, maybe I can mine? I did follow their account around 3 weeks ago I believe.

Hi alammari.  It can take between 4 - 6 weeks for the points to post to your account.  If you have not received them once the 6 week mark has passed, send me a quick note and I can always check for you.

barrygraham Member

It's been way more than 6 weeks since I registered and I have not received my points either.  I am glad I was not the only one.  I've been going back and forth with customer service over this.  It's almost not worth the time and effort at this stage.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

We'd be happy to look into this for you. Please send me a direct message with your Rewards number and Instagram handle so that we may assist.

Thanks!

highmaintenance13 Gold 3 Reviews

I received my 500 points.

trevfour Platinum

500 points added to my account today, thank you Marriott Rewards

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

I just received my points the past few days and had completely forgotten that I followed them on IG...a pleasant surprise.

gerbs Silver

I also participated in this by liking Marriott on Instagram and submitted the 500 point link - never received my 500 points though.

Help?

Hi gerbs.  Thanks for sending me a DM with your details.  Taking a look into this for you and will circle back via the direct message. 

coupons Gold

My 500 points were just posted; I am sorry that I couldn't take advantage of the 1000 points mentioned here

j&c Platinum

The 500 Instagram Bonus points posted to our account today. Thank-you! J&C

pinkshell Silver

I still have not received the 500 bonus points for following Marriott Rewards on Instagram. I actually forgot about it since it was back in June. I contacted Marriott Rewards about this and rather than responding to my inquiry they gave me a standard "form letter" response about social media bonuses that has nothing to do with the June promotion. I replied twice to that email  - first explaining again what the promotion was, and I even included a link to this thread showing other members had the same problem. No response, so I followed up again asking for a status. I'm hoping someone will see this post here and assist me please. Thank you.

lcnessie Gold

Also rec'd email on June 14 stating would receive 500 points for following Marriott Instagram (nice Instagram stream I might add!). Have never rec'd the points. Could you please advise? Tx in advance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...