40 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2016 7:10 PM by jerryl RSS

Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

THis thread is closed

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: We Are?.......MRI's!
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Sometimes they're nice! 

giphy.gif

I love the Dog!!

sing pluto.jpg

Hooked on a feeling...

images.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

702rugbyref Platinum

You can't help but sing it!

Platinum

wesleywcwesley

You forgot We are a small tribe. Just look at the repeat offenders...er posters...myself guilty as charged of late.

Jsucool76 Gold

Hooray for MRIs

GE-MRI-2.jpg

Platinum

Are you saying MRI is enjoyable as getting an MRI? Hope not?!

seatexan Platinum

LOL well I thought this was cute!

I get the feeling that a few don't have a sense of humor

wesleywc

what you are is one of over 50 million members of MR

You are one of 60-75 members that regularly post on the site

Platinum

ProfHill  -  I'd have to say it's more like a core group of 25-30. With that ratio, there's one CM for every 4-5 members. We should be getting better help...or a life...or both!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

There are about 1000 members who have posted at least 20 times over the life of MRI. Of course all still don't post but I bet there are a very large group who don't post but do log in to review various activities on this forum

jerryl

An "unofficial" highly amateurish survey by "yours truly" estimates that in any given month 75% of all posts are placed by (at the most) 20-25 members.

Which translates into one moderator (i.e. correctional officer under the supervision of the warden)  for every 2 or 3 actively participating members

THat doesn't surprise me but i still think there are a lot  more mri that observe but dont post. But that i cant prove

Platinum

jerryl I agree with your assumption (and that's all it can be without CMs or anyone else admitting to size of even overall registered user database) that many "lurk", yet don't post, or don't post often. That said. The CM's jobs are to respond to posts. My conclusion is that they truly have a small # of people to help, and are either part-time employees or are doing quite a lot of other things. I can't believe that new or non-posting members are spending a lot of time sending direct messages (especially since this is not even an obvious option to most new users). I welcome any feedback. And yes, We've done seriously off topic, but not off the rails I hope

seatexan Platinum

MRIers.jpg

We are all so cute though!

Platinum

you forgot dopey - maybe that's my missing avatar?!

seatexan Platinum

*Giggles* Dopey doesn't talk!

Platinum

er...your're right SeaTexan...nobody's every accused me of being the silent type. MAybe I can be Groucho from the Marx Brothers - catchy name, but he was always just havin fun - and gotta love that painted on 'stache (mine's real and not quite as wide!)  Could he be the legendary 8th dwarf?!

groucho.jpeg

seatexan Platinum

groucho.jpg

Platinum

SeaTexan now that's fast IT service - wow!  And I bet you didn't even have to outsource it!

seatexan Platinum

All done in house! ;D

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Tthis must be some deeply secretive American thing, as apart from the Seven Dwarves and Groucho I don't even remotely understand what you're all on about. All I know is that I need to know, especially if it's some Southern/Texan thing 'cos ah'm practicin' ma Texan y'all y'all fer that there TIPPLE yeehaw and ah don't need to be gittin' lookin' stoopid cos' ah don't be knowin' ma local customs y'all y'all - how's that IAHFLYR, nationwide and SeaTexan

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Actually that is pathetic!  This isn't Mayberry with Goober and Gomer (nothing against NC as I love the state). 

brightlybob I can assure you that should you walk into the JW with that style of talk they will send you some place else.  Keep practicing, you have six weeks to finalize your best Southern accent.

nationwide Platinum

brightlybob I had to read your post 3 or 4 times to understand the accent...  Needs work   For instance, the "y'all y'all" is like saying "you all you all."  It's redundant.  Now if you're trying to super-pluralize something, you might use the phrase "all y'all."  As an example, "Bob and I will meet all y'all at the bar."  That could well mean a big darn group now, but it's certainly bigger than two, where you would simply use "y'all."  Hope this is clear as mud for you! 

SeaTexan what do you think?  Want to give Bob another helpful tutorial?  I would hate to have him wandering aimlessly around Houston with no way to communicate.  Bob, you might need to bring some breadcrumbs to find your way back to the JW.

Really sorry old chap, any chance of a reply in Queens English?

Thanks awfully

seatexan Platinum

IAHFLYR nationwide and brightlybob y'all are too funny!!! I had to read it a few times over as well.

Hahaha bread crumbs... LOL

Yeah "all y'all" could be  a lot of people!!! hahaha

Maybe this will help!

Texasisms: A Glossary of Texan | WanderWisdom

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

It goes without saying, we (SeaTexan,nationwide and myself) will meet "all y'all at the bar"!!

Platinum

I was fixin to meet all y'all at the Tipple, but then I realized I was booked like a criminal in a bad neighboorhood so I thought better of tellin y'all that I could make it

There are those who claim the British lack of understanding "the colonists" led to the end of the vast "empire".

I guess it goes back to back to the most infamous British monarch (in American History) Georgie the 3 - he certainly didn't understand this "American thing".........which led, of course, the the first unilateral declaration of independence from Britian.

(can't help the post - I was a professor of political science and have a phd in that discipline

Platinum

bejacob  - You are not the designated adult on the site, but you seem to feel you must defend and cheerlead for the rest of us. That's certainly your right. Just please give me a clue what you "think" 6 people who are MRI Community Managers should do all day. I'd really love to know what you "think" they do. If there are 50 frequent posters, they better each have a fat book and an Uber job if you don't think responding to posts should take up most of their time. We have no idea if this is even a full time job, but go ahead and tell me how wrong I am to have certain expectations based on what you "think" - I'm all ears. Maybe one of them could speak for themselves instead of you jumping in to tell us all to read the Terms and Conditions or FAQ.

Platinum

I don't dislike you. I value your opinion and everyone else's on this site. I didn't "essentially" do anything - you are reacting based on your own assumptions. This is a fun little site. Let's all just get along as you say. In the meantime, I assume you are doing all of this posting on your personal time on personal computing equipment. I also read FAQs from other sources. Peace and take a chill pill.

seatexan Platinum

EEE sorry Groucho.  I have to agree with bejacob here on this one.  When you said, "The CM's jobs are to respond to posts." All he did was point out it is not their job to do that, and backed it up with where his info came from.  He beat me to it! They don't have to respond to anything.  I am glad they do, but if I were a CM, there would certainly be things I didn't get involved with.  Like telling the MRI community what my other responsibilities were for Marriott. 

I am not really sure why it matters what he is posting from and on whose time. I post from work all the time! AND I get my work done.

Best thing about today, IT'S FRIDAY! Drink time!  I'll be watching the grilling thread to see if anyone cooked something awesome!

Platinum

ok fair enough. I'd like a slice of humble pie please

Was that post really necessary dansplan

I like you and the contributions you make to the site. I think we share the same sense of humor (see, especially for you I've miss-spelled it!).

Free advice (and mine is usually costly) - Sometimes before pounding out a reply it's worth pausing.

Peace an' lovin' all y'all

(sorry, still practising my Texan, seems I'm not doing that well, so I have to take every opportunity I can - yeehaw )

Bob as Jimmy Buffet said  its five o'clock somewhere time for a pint

Well past time, pal... Well past time!

Platinum

you're right BB - it was not necessary, and I'm just barely smart enough to admit it when I'm wrong. Pass the bangers and mash and save the warmest beer for me

And with that I'm turning in for the night - if you ever make it round my 'hood then I'll certainly ensure you get "some proper northern grub down yer neck" as my Dad would have said!

Platinum

brightlybob - get some rest, save some drink, and the real misterchk, wherever he may be could still show up at the Tipple, but I don't know him well enough to guess if he would.

I don't know who you are?

Me?  I have admitted that I am a fraud!    I'm a previous member who from time to time that last few weeks is trying to insight a riot!!!

WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN "BANNED" YET????????????????????????

What did this poor "Chuck" do to be "DELETED"?????????????????

Platinum

At least one person on this site knows that you are NOT misterchk regardless of what others may believe. He did have a lot more class though, so there's that

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...