19 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2016 10:56 AM by vaboywnder RSS

Anniversary Bonus Points

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Yesterday I got a nice email from Marriott Rewards congratulating me on my 22nd Anniversary as a Rewards Member.

Capture3.JPG

I follow Marriott Rewards on Twitter and today Received this Tweet:

Capture1.JPG

Although its a small token...I really appreciate the gesture of Marriott Rewards recognizing my 22 years of loyalty with some bonus points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Anniversary Bonus Points
    nationwide Platinum

Congratulations @vaboywonder !!!  This is awesome!  What a nice way to recognize your loyalty! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nationwide Platinum

i feel awkward asking, but has anyone else gotten a points gift for your anniversary the way vaboywnder did?  Is this something new (which would be very cool)?  Or, and perhaps my MRI friends are bringing out the skeptic in me, is this because you have a linked Twitter account and Marriott could get a plug with all Scott's friends and followers for the mere price of 500 points? 

I have to think it was a nice thing to do, and they got their plug...  Plus they got a bonus tweet saying they rock!  How cool!!!  I guess that's the way the new economy works    Awesome!

nationwide,

Back in 2014 I participated in the Marriott Rewards Plus Points promotion which gave Rewards members the opportunity to earn points by linking some of their social media accounts with Marriott Rewards.   Since my twitter account is still connected they had access to my MR account.

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/16417?start=0&tstart=0

I would also be curious if other Insiders have earned anniversary bonus points in this manner.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

nationwide  vaboywnder  Yes, I just received a congratulatory anniversary note on my 15 years as a MR member.  I also received 500 bonus points from Marriott Rewards through Twitter.  However, mine was not posted publicly to my Twitter feed.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I never have!  I got an e-mail, earlier this year that congratulated me for 25 years in the program, but I've never gotten any points for any anniversary.

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

I think that is really good vaboywnder.  It is a very good lesson in how to look after your loyal customers.  It is the little gesture that makes a huge difference.

I'll give you another example of a similar experience in a totally different sector.  Mrs Tommo & I regularly go to an Italian Restaurant in our nearest city.  We love the food and the atmosphere.  The staff have got to know us, and always have a few words, take an interest in us etc.  The restaurant also has a deli and shop.

Last week I was rushed into hospital in that city.  Mrs Tommo was came with me, but on one day, when we knew there was no point in her hanging around the hospital for several hours until the doctor made a decision about what to do next, she went into the city and had lunch at the Italian restaurant.

The manager came over to her and asked her why she was alone.  Mrs Tommo told her what was going on.  When Mrs Tommo was about to leave, the manager gave her a bag tied with a red ribbon to give to me with the staff's best wishes for a speedy recovery, and hope to see me again soon.  When I opened it, it had a large box of lovely Italian biscuits in it.  Wonderful!

nationwide Platinum

Tommo781 - first off, I hope you are feeling better!  Second, thanks for sharing this inspiring service story.  I intend to share it with my leadership team.  That touch of kindness was exceptional! 

Yes it was wonderful nationwide.  I know we eat at the restaurant regularly, but that fabulous gesture meant so much, and certainly kept our loyalty.  We are not just "bums on seats" there.  We are people too.

Thankyou for your good wishes.  I am recovering, but it will take a couple of weeks before I am back to normal.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hope you are feeling better, Tommo781!!  I have to echo what nationwide has said.  These small gestures of kindness really make a difference and I'm sure that generous act put a little sunshine into your hospital room. 

Absolutely carat.  Finding someone shows such kindness in a difficult situation is an incredible thing.  There are a great many nasty, wicked people in this world.  They get all the press.  So I like to praise the wonderful people whose gestures make life a pleasure.

husaintinz Silver

Congrats Buddy !

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Congrats, VABOYWNDER and hope you are feeling better, Tommo!

To someone's earlier question, I have been in the program 28 or 29 years and don't recall receiving any Happy Anniversary Bonus.

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

Received my 30th email 2 weeks ago!!

So, last night I received my 29th anniversary note.  No points, just a request to update my profile and change my password.  Marriott.JPG

psudad,

I take it that you don't have a linked account with  Marriott Rewards on Twitter?

I don't, though I just started following Marriott and Marriott International on Twitter.  Why do you ask?

Both myself and muppetwrangler received notification of the anniversary points via twitter and we both have our Rewards accounts linked to twitter. So it appears to be a perk of having our accounts linked to Marriott Rewards.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...