3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2016 1:11 PM by carat RSS

Jasper, Alberta, Canada B&B Recommendations

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

If you are planning a trip to Jasper, Alberta, Canada, and are searching for a place to stay, I have two recommendations for Bed and Breakfasts in the town.  I recommend you make reservations as early as possible to avoid scrambling for reservations.  During the summer season, most locations require a 2 or 3 night stay.  I was lucky and found two different B&B's with 1 night each available for the dates I needed.

Our first night was spent at The Glass House.  It is a lovely B&B filled with artwork by the owner's daughter-in-law.  The highlight of our stay was breakfast.  The dining table was set for us and a young couple from Belgium that we enjoyed visiting with.  Our hostess explained our delicious breakfast including a fresh fruit compote including gooseberries, a local berry that we were trying for the first time.  Accompanying the fruit was a basket filled with toasted homemade bread, croissants, and warm muffins.  Several locally made jams/jellies were also provided.  Your choice of juice, tea, and/or coffee was provided.  A brown paper bag was also on the table so that you could take your leftovers with you.  The Glass House is an easy walk into town.

We spent our second night at Austrian Haven, a B&B with the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen.  Our room had a well stocked refrigerator (milk, juice, jam, and peanut butter) along with fresh fruit, bread, cereal, and coffee/tea, so that we could prepare and eat our breakfast at our convenience.  Our room had a view of Mt. Edith Cavell, a mountain that we would climb (in the car) the next morning on our way out of town.

20160717_203007.jpg

20160717_202824_Richtone(HDR).jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Canada

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...