9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2016 11:48 AM by carat RSS

Do 5 night travel packages really still exist?

Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

If anyone is familiar with "In-N-Out" burger in SoCal and other areas, you may be aware of the secret menu. I feel like the 5 night travel packages fall into similar category, but they remain a little more secret and somewhat legendary. As the teacher used to say - looking for someone other than bejacob to explain it to us    and no, I'm not really excluding bejacob  Anyone and everyone that really knows how this works in 2016 is free to respond. Thanks!

Also - here's link to the previously mentioned secret menu info: http://secretmenus.com/in-n-out-burger/secret-menu/

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
travel_packages
  • Re: Do 5 night travel packages really still exist?
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Although I've not done one in a while, if you're talking about using points I believe you still get 5 nights for 4-night's worth of points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Just a reminder, 5 night packages are only available to timeshare owners.

If anyone would like to learn more about the 7 night RewardsPlus Hotel + Air packages, they may do so at the following link: Flight and Hotel Packages | Marriott Hotel Packages

coupons Gold

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I just booked one, but I am a timeshare owner.  When I booked it, I asked the Marriott Rep if he needed my timeshare account number (different than my MR number), and he said no because he could see it in my MR profile - I guess the accounts are linked somehow.  This makes sense as the MVCI reservations made for the timeshares always show up in my MR reservations list. 

Platinum

Thanks to all who responded. Note: Animal style travel packages available if you know the secret word and have a well behaved dog or cat. See In-N-Out burger secret menu again if you're in the dark. Discuss!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Yes dansplan, they do. We are not timeshare owners and were able to get the 5-day pkg by calling Marriott Rewards and asking nicely. We used it to get the 5-night cat 1-5 and 120,000 miles transferred to Southwest Airlines to get the miles and free companion pass for my wife for almost 2 years. Awesome deal if you want to bank a bunch of free short trips to catch great rewards flights from other major hubs, or whatever.

rkg Platinum

I just spent an hour being transferred around Marriott to order a 5 night package.  First redirected to Reservations where I was told I had to book the specific hotel and dates, which I did and received the confirmation via email.  Then I was told I had to speak to Rewards and was transferred.  I was told there are only 7 night packages, not 5, and that I would have to buy airline miles using points -- which is a horrible deal vs. getting a 5 night with miles package for a category 6 hotel.  He did say it was for vacation club owners, which I am at Chairman Level and also Plat Elite.  I was then transferred to a number he said could help me and it went back to the reservations desk.  Does anyone have the phone number or website location to order a 5-night certificate with air????  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi rkg, apologies for the frustrations this has caused!  We've looked into this for you and were able to find out that once you've decided on a hotel and are ready to proceed, follow these instructions in order to redeem for a Hotel + Air Package award:

Contact the airline you will use as your carrier (You must be a member of their frequent flyer program).   Inquire about the number of miles needed to travel from your departure location to your destination and remember to take into account the number of people traveling in your party.  Once you know the number of miles needed, call Marriott Reservations to make your hotel reservation.  Make sure to inform the reservation agent that you are using a Travel Package Award.  After your reservation is confirmed, you can be transferred to a Marriott Rewards Guest Relations representative to complete the order over the phone.

Reward Delivery Information:

The hotel certificate will be issued electronically and will be available at the hotel upon check-in.  Airline frequent flyer miles/points will automatically be sent to your frequent flyer account.  Depending on the airline, please allow up to six weeks for your miles to be posted to your frequently flyer account or contact your local Marriott Rewards office to inquire about express service (may include a fee).

Please let us know if you are still running into the same issues as stated above. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...