11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2016 5:22 PM by seatexan RSS

"Things are looking UPGRADED" because we asked

j&c Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

When we checked-in at the Holland (MI) Fairfield Inn we were given a double queen room (what was available when we booked) and an explanation for logging in to their upgraded WIFI service as Platinum Members. We asked, "Was our room upgraded? Can you please?" Yes! An upgrade was available because we asked. We were given a Larger Studio with a king - the bed preference listed in our Marriott Rewards profile. Our new keys were slipped into a special key holder which states "Things are looking UPGRADED: Our Best Available Room Is Waiting For You - Marriott Rewards #REWARDING." We had not seen this sleeve before in any of our previous hotel granted or requested upgrades. Surprised!  C

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Holland, Michigan, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland
  • Re: "Things are looking UPGRADED" because we asked
    seatexan Platinum

Upgrades are always nice!

I did see someone post on Trip Advisor about their room key from the Marriott Marquis San Diego Maria, saying the same thing.  Unfortunately this reviewer gave the hotel a 1 star for that being the only recognition he got.  Um, I will gladly take his upgrade and be HAPPY about it!

The date was June 10th of this year so must be a new thing.

This weekend I'll be at a JW, I will ask too and see what happens .  Maybe I will get a cool new upgraded key holder! Thanks for the tip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi j&c,

So glad to hear our Elites are feeling recognized for their loyalty! In case any members haven't seen the new key packets yet, check them out:

MR This upgrade looks good on you.png MR You've Been Upgraded.png MR You've Been Upgraded2.png

seatexan Platinum

Those look very nice! Great design.  Thanks for sharing.  I'll update if I get a spiffy key packet.

trevfour Platinum

image.jpeg

Yes, here's mine from last Friday @ Peterborough Marriott. Very impressed.

Just noticed, it is a different design to those shown above.

Platinum

The key packets are a nice touch, but the underlying policy and idea is what really makes us stay. Thanks for sharing this.

corrie1013 Platinum

Are these just for Platinum upgrades or Gold as well?

YogiB Platinum

When I was staying at the Portsmouth NH Residence Inn at the beginning of the month, the front desk employee thanked me for being a Silver Elite member and that they managed to upgrade me.

The room looked the same as on my original booking (however, pictures weren't very clear) and they put me right above the conference centre. Both nights we had trouble sleeping because of wedding parties going on. Those promised bonus points for the inconvenience haven't been deposited yet, so it seems that I have to fill out a form again.

Oh, and we didn't get funky new card sleeves, just the regular one (not even the elite sleeve).

Last April at the Edmonton Courtyard, it seems that every single guest had the Elite sleeves though. They ran out of normal ones?

chobbits Platinum

I got one the other week @ Marriott, Leeds UK. Plus a nice suite upgrade !

seatexan Platinum

I was not upgraded at the JW New Orleans so didn't get a fancy card case.  Alas! maybe some other place. Going to the JW in Costa Rica, but it's Costa Rica and I am quite sure they don't even have the new key card cases yet.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...