4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2016 11:36 AM by mojo1992 RSS

First trip to Bali

mojo1992 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

#Well I just booked my first hotel in Bali --- let's see if my status (PP)  will reflect an upgrade !

Has any stayed at the The Stones Hotel in  Bali?

If so what are your thoughts.  I was going to book at the Courtyard but I read so many reviews about kid, I changed my mind.

-MoJo

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Bali, Indonesia Autograph Collection The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
  • Re: First trip to Bali
    seachi Platinum

PP checking in - stayed there last week. Highly recommend the place. I was upgraded to a suite which is in the corner of the hotel (picture the rooms in the shape of an L, with the suites at the joint). The suite wasn't all too impressive compared to other hotels though, so don't be too bummed if you don't get it. You should get a welcome email a few days before you arrive so you can ask about upgrades then.

FYI don't let the airport-like security put you off. It's just the way things work in Bali.

Quick tip- get a cabana. They're free if you spend $30 usd on food/drinks throughout the day.

Enjoy your trip.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

beaug Platinum

Hi mojo1992

I'm not a huge fan of Bali, but it is one of those places you will either love or hate... But I can see why people love it.

The Stones is only a new hotel, and last time I was there it wasn't yet open. I would love to hear your thoughts on it, after you stay. I am in Bali every 6-8 weeks with my work, so always looking for a new and better place to stay.

And seachi is right, don't focus on the security and military at the airport, the rest of the people in Bali, Indonesia, area generally nice, and welcoming.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

mojo1992,

The Stones hotel looks great, and I would LOVE to go to Bali!

I hope you have a wonderful time, please keep us updated on your hotel experience once you return!

Love the cabana tip seachi - firsthand Insider knowledge like this is what it's all about!

mojo1992 Platinum

The Stones is AMAZING!!! I was upgraded to a suite I would highly recommend staying at this property while in Bali due to:

1. Safety

2. Upgrades

3. Staff

4. Pool

The only negative was the club music that was played daily at the pool area during happy hour, so if you are trying to take a nap it is a bit disturbing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...