18 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2016 1:03 PM by dansplan RSS

Where are the Millenials on this site?

Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Since it's an obvious goal of MRI to attract Millenials to the brand, if any of of you in this targeted group are here - please make some noise.

I mostly see older "road warriors" that have given tens or hundreds of thousands of $ to Marriott over the years.Other than our CM's of course

I'd love to be wrong about this. Thanks in advance for your respectful comments.

Just a suggestion: Please refrain from trying to represent others and speak from your own point of view if possible.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Where are the Millenials on this site?
    seatexan Platinum

I am right here... My sister is also an avid Marriotter but she just doesn't come on the forums.  ginabeana 

What kind of noise?

I don't think this is a site where most people my age and younger want to post.  It's a dinosaur of a site, not quick like facebook or twitter.  There is no app (which is important).  It's not very tablet or phone friendly, I have tried.  It is also not well advertised.

That being said, after figuring out how to work it AND the fact that I sit at a desk all day with a desktop, I enjoy it.

If you are talking about hotel's, I think Marriott has done a decent job.  I don't think I would be a Moxy goer, but I do love the Ren brands! They are cool with great designs.  It is also my mom's fault that JW is my go to, I got spoiled before she shoved me off her membership and made me get my own!   Ugh Adulting!

This site just isn't interesting to younger millennials.    Now if there was a Marriott hostel type community with an app of course, then there would be more interest. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum

Shout and celebrate - seems it already comes natural to you!   I'd say huzzah, but then, that'd put me squarely not in the target's crosshairs...

tommy_gunn Gold

SeaTexan hit a lot of nails on the head there... kudos! This site is built on Jive, perhaps OK for intranet or company internal message boards, but for a multi-billion dollar hotel chain that wants real insider feedback and interaction, time to move to a far more modern platform. This is 1995 feel. If I was still in b-school I would have done a case study presentation on how to modernize this dinosaur just out of spite and emailed it to corporate.

I'm a "Millennial" I suppose, but not sure what the OP is asking for, there was no actionable item there. I'm also a road warrior, so sometimes they are one in the same. Don't assume every traveling sales guy is 50yo with grey hair.

As a business traveler Marriott is great, tons of options in the regions I go for work, mainly business hubs like SJC or SFO or PHX, etc. Can always find a Marriott or CY or Ren, although in bay area the pricing can be ridiculous quite often. Does help stack more points though. I truly enjoy the C-Lounge perk, that to me has been the greatest part of getting to Gold, having the space upstairs to get some snacks, hoard free waters in my room, and go chill. Usually in the bay area CL's get pretty hoppin' with business travelers so it almost creates a nightly business networking mixer by default.

j&c Platinum

1995 feel. Hmmm. That's why it's so appealing! C

Jsucool76 Gold

Millenial checking in. But I make that pretty well knows.

I break desks whenever I see them, and refuse to shower unless the bathroom walls are all made out of glass(or there's no walls at all) . I also only eat food out of Styrofoam containers because room service takes too long. I want my rooms to be no more than 250sq ft and there needs to be a couch suspended from the ceiling.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

He's right, y'know. He is a proper millennial, or with that schpiel a very accurate impersonation of one.

Quick, Marriott, SPG, Hyatt and IHG, grab and drown him now lest his opinions are further listened to by your clueless millennial-filled design departments too ignorant to realise that the vast majority of Full Service business travellers aren't millennials and do need desks, don't want to show their arses to their travelling compatriots while on the toilet and want to eat real food in their room while preparing for the next day's work, and not some deep-fried-overpriced-impersonation-take-out-cr@p.

Phew, that feels better

Jsucool76 Gold

Millenial here again. Just had a closed door meeting with Marriott corporate. They asked me what I want as a Millenial. Starting in early 2017 Marriott will begin phasing out beds, and replacing them all with couches. Millenials hardly ever make it to their bed anyways, choosing rather to just sleep on the couch. They've also said they will be phasing out TVs as well as making every Marriott hotel a pokestop by mid 2017.

seatexan Platinum

Platinum

I think all a millenial really needs are about 50 usb ports and built in chargers since they'll never notice the room doesn't have a bed, walls, or a bathroom as long as they can stare at their phones

j&c Platinum

Hey! There are plenty 50-somethings playing Pokemon Go. We love a group hike with interesting landmarks! C

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I am an older "Millennial" and I am on the site almost daily. I am one of the stewards of the site, so feel free to contact any of us if you have issues/questions. If I can't help, then I will forward on to our site mods.

702rugbyref Platinum

Chasing Pokemons!

seachi Platinum

Millennial/PP here - born in the 90's. I think the site would be more popular to our age group if it were more modern and had more features. I find it clunky. Also wish there was status-restricted sub forums for feedback to MR. Maybe we should start a feedback thread?

Platinum

They need to bite the bullet and buy some better software - this is a canned package with a few MRI customizations, but it's not maintained well as you can easily see by browsing even the top level menu structure - case in point - "Click on Stewards"  - maybe ks77 can use their magic Steward powers to get it fixed  

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Ummm i guess im a millenial, though i just use marriott for leisure so my night count is rather low. i do love the trendy hotels remodeled hotels over the classic marriotts.

Platinum

You need to start a gofundme or similar and post on this site. "Millenia  needs 100,000 MR points to experience the good life for a few nights"...

I bet it might even work!

Platinum

Magic stewards - awaken...oh wait - the page looks like this:

stew.JPG

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...