4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2016 4:20 PM by stelzer001 RSS

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club Stay with Points

fady2002 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

Does anyone know why the Ko Olina Beach Club doesn't have any availability for next year with points?? Seems odd!

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Kapolei - Oahu, Hawaii, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
  • Re: Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club Stay with Points
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Like most MVC properties, booking on points can be tricky. Often rooms aren't available on points until relatively late in the process. Part of the reason is how Vacation Club owners decide to book their ownership weeks. Only after this has been done will remaining rooms be made available for points. For whatever reason, rooms are available for the cash rate fairly far out, it's just the redemptions that are held back. The best thing to do is keep checking.

I had this experience with the Maui Ocean Club last year. It took repeated checking, but I did eventually get a room on points. I'm in the same boat this year as I'm hoping to stay at Ko Olina on points early next year. Nothing available yet. How soon is hard to guess. Perhaps some VC owners might be able to shed some light on that.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Might a call to the resort shed some light on possibly getting a point stay booked or maybe insight into when they may open it up for a stay on points to be booked?

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi fady2002bejacob has shared some great knowledge!    When owners of the Vacation Club timeshares have not yet chosen to sell their weeks, you will not be able to see availability.  Until the owners "release" their chosen dates, the inventory is at a standstill.  So to echo what bejacob has said, the best thing to do is check back periodically to see if something has become available. 

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

don't hold your breath. if you want any sort of peak time opening to use points, as they say in New Jersey, fugehdaboutit.  owner lock up high demand weeks and that means anytime around school breaks, anytime around turkey day and Christmas-new years. Want to go in early September when school is in session and people cant get away, a definite maybe. while others have pointed out flexibility is the key (and it is), if you are like me and an advance planner  you wont find anything open, not in this VC spot. You can get a room at the Marriott in Waikiki (not for me too touristy and busy) or try one of the Marriott resorts on one of the other islands.  But for VC's, I have tried and tried and never been able to score. Good luck and best wishes

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...