19 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2016 11:02 PM by barrygraham RSS

What happened to Lifetime Points listing?

jrmchicago Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I know I used to be able to see my lifetime points as well as lifetime nights.  Now I only see the nights detail for lifetime status.

I'm closing in on Lifetime Platinum and would like to see what my point total is.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What happened to Lifetime Points listing?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi JRMChicago.  There have been some glitches in our systems recently which has caused members to not see the correct detail.  We have had some members let us know they are able to see the correct totals by logging into their account using a different browser.  However, I'd still like to help Just shoot me a direct message with your Rewards number and I can take a look for you.   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

acritic Platinum

It shows my nights, but not my points. Please help...

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

This is not an individual issue. When Marriott fixes the problem, it will be fixed for all. The only thing we can do is wait.

Platinum

bejacob I humbly state that I disagree with your last sentence. Although this is hardly an emergency, I'd hate to be in a burning building with that approach. Why can't we ask for help or a better explanation? Why can't the CM's reply instead of you jumping in and telling us all we can't expect anything proactive. We are all members of this community and the community managers can tell us whatever they do or don't know about this situation, but with over 1000 views on my original post alone, you'd think that six intelligent staff could do more than they've done. Just look at the number of similar new posts appearing nearly  every day! I'm sorry, but I do expect a proactive approach here. We are loyal customers. If I wanted to wait, I'd go to a bus bench, and even then, there's at least a schedule posted so I'd know approximately when it would arrive and take me to my destination.

The CM's response to date has been basically - "Sit tight, they must be working on it, or so we've heard". 7/23 will be a month since this issue was documented on other sites beyond MRI. What's a reasonable amount of time to "just wait" in your professional opinion? Would you ask a customer of your own company to "just wait" for nearly a month? Is this a burning building. No. Is this a lack of caring, communication, and proactivity on the part of Marriott. I'd let you and everyone else draw their own conclusions.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Fair enough.

Here's my mindset. We've asked and got nothing. We've asked again. More people have asked. Still nothing. I no longer see the point of asking. Marriott IT has shown in no uncertain terms that this is not important to them. How long do we wait? I have no idea. I just know that everything we've tried so far hasn't made a lick of difference. Continuing to pursue it no longer holds any appear to me (not that it held much for me to begin with ).

By all means, keep holding their feet to the fire. We'll all be thankful that someone did, assuming it produces results. I'll cheer you along with everyone else.

Where you and I differ now is that you are still looking for a proactive approach. I think that ship has already sailed. Anyway, that's my opinion.

Platinum

Are you reading this carat AndrewT melissaerb lindseyh @NathalieF <-- broken username) deannad  We are asking you again and again to please do your job. The lack of will to inform this community is quite frankly astonishing. Even bejacob has stated above that he no longer sees the point of asking. Is this acceptable to you to have your MRI members feel this way? I really would love to see a joint response from all of you. Thank you. We do appreciate all that you all *do*, but this is one unfortunate experience where we do not see a real effort being made on our behalf. I speak just for myself - others can chime in or give up as they see fit.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi dansplan.  We'd like to apologize for all the frustration this has caused  for all of our members.  As we've stated previously, our IT teams are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix.  We reached out to them again today and they have just let us know this should be fixed by the end of the month.  We know it's been a long time coming and we're sorry for the inconvenience this has presented.  Will continue to follow up with them until we've received word that everything is working as it should. 

Platinum

Thank you. Can you also fix your login name issue. When I type @nathalieF it doesn't convert the way it does with everyone else.

barrygraham Member

Incredible timing, I joined this community yesterday and sent an e-mail about this issue to customer service today, I wish I had seen this reply from you first!  I was able to get the information needed from customer service though.  BTW Starwood doesn't even try to have this info on their website, they only show lifetime nights, but that's because they don't include points as a qualifier for lifetime status.  That should cause some interesting debates as the programs start to merge.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

As one could say i dont have a dog in this hunt  as i am lifetime but i do understand the frustration of those that do . It does seem to be taking a long time to fix something that was always available

Platinum

JRMChicago You can also follow along on the progess of the IT issue on this post - which is gaining traction is seems, but has yet to go viral in our little universe:

Lifetime points missing and other IT woes unofficial tracker

oldwatchunter Platinum

I could not see mine either today. I was looking to see if I crossed the 5M mark yet. Just really curious.

seachi Platinum

The only thing more painful than not knowing my lifetime points for over a month is reading these forums. Wish there was better progress toward fixing this in a timely matter.

zentraveler Platinum

I contacted Marriott via the contact form on the web site regarding the zero Lifetime Points issue.

Given that I am about to turn Lifetime Platinum I was concerned about the zero Lifetime Points displayed.

Here is the reply:

----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards.

I see you have been a member of the Marriott Rewards program since 1991.

Thank you for your twenty-five years of membership.

We apologize that there is a current issue with Marriott.com and the display of Lifetime Marriott Rewards points.  Right now it is showing a zero for all members who view this information. Marriott's Technical Support department is aware of this issue and is working on a fix.

Since enrollment, you have accrued **** Elite nights and *,***,*** Marriott Rewards points.

Your current balance of Marriott Rewards points is ***,***.

Thank you for contacting Marriott.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

I received an unsolicited email with my points and night's total.  Much appreciated.  More than enough nights for Gold Lifetime, closing in on the points total.

Platinum

Can you let all of us know the email address of the sender. As an LTP and PP, I have not been contacted. Thank you.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

dansplan, unfortunately I can't find it.  It was several weeks back and may actually have been a letter versus an email.  Either way, I would have tossed or deleted it, once read.  Sorry.

Platinum

No problem. Marriott's silence says it all.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...