11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2016 5:09 AM by donethat RSS

Platinum Benefits at JW Grande Lakes Resort Orlando

khoranburg Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So, I just called the JW Marriott Grande Lakes in Orlando and they said breakfast is NOT included for Platinum Elite members.  They also said they do NOT have a concierge floor.  So- what's the point of being Platinum if now a hotel can just call themselves a "Resort" to get out of taking care of Platinum members!? It seems pretty upsetting and ridiculous - more and more exceptions everyday.  Why value your customers?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Benefits at JW
    khoranburg Platinum

Then I just called the Renaissance in Orlando, and they said the same thing - how ridiculous - how are you rewarding your most loyal and those members that are staying and spending the most!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

I don't like it either, but the breakfast benefit is aimed at business travelers. Its only been 2 years or so that they provided breakfast on the weekends to Plats-in properties that provided them. Big city properties are generally not resorts, so you will have higher success. Orlando is covered with resorts though.

j&c Platinum

khoranburg Can you please retitle your post as "Platinum Benefits at JW Grande Lakes Resort Orlando" for ease in future searches? As Plats, we had a wonderful CL Sunday breakfast at JW Chicago - a non-resort in a big city. On a trip to Orlando and with so many Marriott's in that area, I would want to know that this specific property does not recognize Elites. C

• Re: Platinum Benefits at JW Grande Lakes Resort Orlando
    homoviator Platinum

I think many regulars know what they are getting into when they go to a Marriott titled "resort": no breakfasts. I do like my free breakfast, but let me say, I really liked this hotel and so did my family.  We actually spent Thanksgiving there last year.  So as a plat, I did get free self-parking.  I also got reduced "resort fees"  We used the kayaks, the kids club a bit, and the inner tubes.  You can also go over to the Ritz hotel and used their pool, too.  If you are there for business, you aren't going to get a lot of use out of this, obviously. Maybe look for another place.  If you are going for some family RR, we at least found it surprisingly nice. I hear your frustration about this. I do wish there were a way that maybe Plat/Golds could do some buy-in or something that was at a reasonable price because these are times when it's nice to just go have breakfast together.

At the same time, I speak with my money.  There's a Courtyard in Puerto Rico and its resort fees seem a bit high for what you get. As a result, we just don't go there. I'd go back to JW Grande Lake, though.We had a fantastic thanksgiving there.

mustanggt Platinum

The JW Marriott Grande Lakes is one of my favorite hotels.  The overall quality of the resort more than makes up for the lack of a free breakfast.  Instead of breakfast, stop in the Starbucks in the lobby for a coffee and danish.

dream606 Gold

Does anyone know if you get free parking as a Plat at the Ritz Orlando?

mustanggt Platinum

I stayed there on at least 8 different occasions as a platinum and never once received free parking.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi dream606.  At this property, members, even Platinum's, will not have the parking fee waived.  Self parking is $22/day and valet parking is $29/day. 

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Unless it has changed, this was a choice as a plat arrival gift. It's not offered to plats as an additional benefit. Although we haven't been there since MR went to the $10 F&B credit.

Jsucool76 Gold

The JW has offered me free parking on occasion. Never gotten any from the ritz.

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

As mentioned above, the majority of Resorts do not have concierge lounge, and do not give breakfast.  Having said that each resort does reward Platinum guests with a variety of amenities depending on the property.  At Grande Lakes I always receive an upgrade, free parking, and have received options at Starbucks on occasion.  I always try to be humble and smile upon check in and find the staff always rewards me in some form or fashion. While I am a LP, in reality not any more important than anyone else, and never play that card.  Additionally, many of the regular Marriott properties close down the concierge lounge on weekends, but many accommodate MR members w/ breakfast coupons.  Good Luck.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...