2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2010 8:48 AM by habitisloyal2 RSS

Credentials upon check in

habitisloyal2 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

A few years ago (perhaps, 7?) I received from Marriott a special letter and ID card identifying me as a "Lifetime Platinum Elite" member of Marriott Rewards.  I was surprised and most pleased to learn that this elite status would follow me year after year regardless of how many nights I stayed annually.

This status, though, has yielded inconsistent results while registering in various Marriott properties.  Often, I am advised by the receptionist that while up-graded rooms are available, their system tells them I have not yet accumulated enough guest nights for the current year.  "Yes, I see you are a Platinum Member, but currently not an Elite Member."

If I present my Lifetime card, most reply that they have never seen a card like it; and, since there are usually others waiting (and I try to guard against being seen as a pest), I do not press the issue.

Anyone else had this experience? Any advice out there?  Thanks!

• Re: Credentials upon check in
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This is very discouraging news for all of us in the Platinum lifetime category. If the requirement is somehow to be an active (75+ nights) Platinum member and also have Lifetime status, that defeats the purpose of the latter program.  I think, to beat another in a huge team of dead horses, this reflects training issues on the part of Marriott and individual properties.

My sense is that the training that an associate receives is often focused on learning the check in and check out process and a small portion deals with Marriott Rewards and an even smaller segment on the needs of recognition of the top tier Rewards members in the Platinum category.

Once upon a time I flew with a gentleman who, like George Clooney in a recent movie, was in a special, top of the line  loyalty program called Premier Pass Plus.  As his seat mate on an international flight we had plenty of time to get to know each other. at least when every member of the crew, including the pilots, were not coming up to personally thank him for his activity and airline loyalty.

That program was known to every airline employee, each of whom went out of their way to make sure the Pass Plus participant was thanked and welcomed.  Marriott could do the same.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Credentials upon check in
    habitisloyal2 Platinum 8 Reviews

Am gratified by and most appreciative of the logic and empathy contained in both replies.  Possibly corporate IT will include a line or two of code in their next batch of enhancements.

Thanks, again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...