3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2016 12:51 PM by AndrewT RSS

Rewards e-Certificate for Free Nights

loftus Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I got a free night from the event program of (Spring MB 2016 CAT1-5).  I want to know can I book that free night for other people like gift and I would not go with them?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards e-Certificate for Free Nights
    Platinum

loftus Make the reservation in your name 1st. After it's confirmed, call the hotel and tell them another person will be joining you and they most likely will arrive before you so you'd like to just put in their name. Voila - no muss or fuss. Others will have different suggestions, but I've been doing this successfully for over 10 years including with the Cat 1-5 certs. Good luck - it'll work!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

loftus Platinum

dansplan

Thank you. It should be simple and no need to waste the free stay.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Unfortunately, free night certificates are not transferrable. However, you could always keep the certificate for yourself and gift some points to the other member (you can gift up to 50,000 points per calendar year). Details on this process are available at the link below if anyone is unfamiliar with this process.

https://buy.points.com/PointsPartnerFrames/partners/Marriott/container.html?language=EN&product=GIFT

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...