16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2016 10:49 AM by bejacob RSS

Best Marriott to stay at with kids over Spring Break

jschweiger Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello - Last year we stayed at the JW Marriott Cancun over Spring Break with our kids.  We loved it.  We were hoping to hear some recommendations for other family friendly Marriott hotels in the United States or the Caribbean.  Our kids are 9, 6 and 4.  Looking for hotels with great pools, kids activities as well as any excursion recommendations.  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Best Marriott to stay at with kids over Spring Break
    Platinum

jschweiger If you want better responses, I believe a specific location would be helpful - I imagine you have at least a particular state in mind??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yeah really, stayed where last year as there are a number of JW properties in the world!!!

And as dansplan thought of, what are you thinking of for areas and activities?

jschweiger Platinum

Hello - Sorry about that.  I'm new to this!  I cannot figure out how to edit my original comment.  Last year we stayed at the JW Marriott Cancun.  This year we are looking to go anywhere warm in the United States or the Caribbean.

jschweiger Platinum

Hello - Sorry about that.  I'm new to this!  I cannot figure out how to edit my original comment.  Last year we stayed at the JW Marriott Cancun.  This year we are looking to go anywhere warm in the United States or the Caribbean.

columbussig Platinum

We are big fans of the Marco Island Marriott Resort, it has a great beach, 2 pools and just a great overall family atmosphere.  They are currently doing renovations to expand and turn it into a JW Marriott property.  You can't go wrong with this resort

jschweiger Platinum

Thank you so much. Are the pools large at Marco Island?  It looks like there is a small slide at the pool.  Any other kids activities? 

patrish Platinum 5 Reviews

If the kids are young I would suggest the Cancun Casa Magna over the JW. You'll be able to keep track of them better. The JW is awesome but as the kids swim/float thru the lagoon style pool, they will disappear from your sight, The Casa Magna is awesome because it has a huge hot tub and a swim up bar so the kids can get smoothies

jschweiger Platinum

Thank you so much.  We actually stayed at the JW Cancun last year and loved it.  We are hoping we can find another destination for this coming Spring Break!

corrie1013 Platinum

I'm glad you posted this topic...cause I'm kind of in the same boat.  But, on my list to go to for Spring Break is the JW- Cancun.  The Casa Magna is on there too, but I think, personally, my family would like the JW better.

Marco Island is also on the list...but I think I saw that once it becomes a JW that it will move up in category?  I'm looking at a week at a Cat 8 (to use a 7 night certificate) and I think it's a 9.

I'll be interested to hear other thoughts on locations as well!!

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

Either JW Desert Ridge in Phoenix, or the JW Hill Country Resort in San Antonio. Both are great for families and cater to them specifically. Restaurants are outstanding at both properties as are the pool and recreation options.

San Antonio property is much newer, although Desert Ridge has been upgraded and has a Griffin Club [Concierge Room], which is worth the daily investment if you can get it in your reservation.

jschweiger Platinum

Thank you.  We actually already looked into San Antonio, but nothing is available over Spring Break, since we want to use points.  I'll look into Desert Ridge though!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

If you're thinking Caribbean, you might look into Aruba. The Renaissance Aruba has a private island that the kids would love. Check out Renaissance Island - Aruba. There may be better and cheaper options, but Aruba could be worth considering.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...