8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2016 8:12 AM by ne_traveling_man RSS

Atlantis Cove, Platinum member?

tdsparks23 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are staying in a few weeks.  Are there any advantages or deals for platinum members?  I have been looking online and can't find anything

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Nassau, Atlantis
Paradise Island, Bahamas Autograph Collection The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Nassau, Bahamas
  • Re: Atlantis Cove, Platinum member?
    mrbmbrown Platinum

Found this post from someone who was there in January on FT...

tdsparks23 wrote:

We are staying in a few weeks.  Are there any advantages or deals for platinum members?  I have been looking online and can't find anything

The Atlantis is made up of 4 towers that will participate for redemption stays. They are as follows:

Atlantis, Beach Tower - Category 7

Atlantis, Coral Towers - Category 7

Atlantis, Royal Towers - Category 8

The Cove Atlantis - Category 9

Apparently, you cannot redeem points for a stay at The Reef Atlantis, but you can earn points on a paid stay there.

All Atlantis properties are considered resort, so basically all you'll get is free internet for elite bennies.

Points are earned for room rate only. No points on incidental spend.

Platinum Arrival Gift (PAG) is 500pts or food/drink amenity.

$20 internet fee is NOT waived for Gold/Plats per Marriott's T&Cs.

For rooms that will have more than two people aged twelve or over, there is an "additional adult charge" per person.

"For clarification purposes, the daily charge is not a resort fee. The additional charges associated with the stay currently include mandatory gratuities and a utility service fee per person per day. The amount can vary by unit type by building. These additional charges have always been in place at Atlantis."

ADDITIONAL CHARGES:

Guests of Atlantis, Harborside Resort, The Cove and The Reef Atlantis are subject to an 20% charge per night that includes taxes, the Paradise Island Tourism and Development Association levy, the Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board levy and compensation for servicing your reservation. In addition, guests will be required to pay a mandatory gratuity and utility service fee of up to $25.95 per person per day depending on unit type for Atlantis guests, (ii) up to $20.70 per person per day depending on unit type for Harborside Resort guests, and (iii) up to $65.95 per person per day depending on unit type for The Cove or The Reef Atlantis guests. If you purchase a pre-paid package these charges are already included in your package price. If you do not purchase a pre-paid package, these charges will be assessed upon check out at the property. Please be advised that all mandatory gratuities, taxes, levies and service fees are subject to change.

As of 01-Jan-2015, in addition to the previous 20% tax on room rate and purchases, there is an additional VAT of 7.5%, making a total tax on room rate and purchases of 27.5%. This also applies to additional adult fees (for more than two person ages 12 and older staying in the same room), but does not apply to the mandatory gratuity and utility fees.

Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas participates in Marriott Rewards as follows:

- Points or Miles may be earned for reservations booked through www.marriott.com/atlantis or by calling 1-855-696-4732.

- Points or Miles will not be earned and Points cannot be redeemed for reservations booked through Atlantis Paradise Vacations, Atlantis.com, or AtlantisBahamas.com.

- Points may be redeemed for stays only by calling 1-855-696-4732. At this time, redemption stays cannot be booked online.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tdsparks23 Platinum

Thank you.  I have asked via a marriott customer service line and apparently there is no advantages or deals for Marriott Platinum members. 

wbwest Platinum

No advantages for members.  If you want credit for your stay - you MUST book on Marriott.com rather than Atlantis.com  I am fighting this battle now and losing unfortunately.   

tdsparks23 Platinum

I saw something about that.  But when you go to the Marriott site, and try to book atlantis, it sends you to their site.  I have called Marriott and told them my reservation isn't showing up on my online account.  And they said they added it, but it still isn't there.  Hoping the more I do ahead of time will make it easier to get the points.  I also used my Marriott Visa for payment, and they only gave me 1 pt per $ and it is supposed to be 5 pts per $.  They said they corrected that too but it hasn't shown up yet.  What exactly are they telling you about your points for your stay?

mrbmbrown Platinum

tdsparks23 I hope they get it fixed for you. If you clicked through the Marriott site, I think you will be fine. It does the same thing when you book RC. You start at Marriott and it redirects you to RC, but you still get credit. Hopefully the same works for you at Atlantis.

Location Brand Hotel
        Paradise Island, Bahamas Autograph Collection The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
        Nassau, Bahamas
        wbwest Platinum

They are telling me no credit at all for my stay because I booked on Atlantis.com

I booked on Atlantis via my mobile device.  Once this all happened I went to Atlantis via my computer and it does state if you are a Marriott member you need to book directly through Marriott.  NOTHING like that is mentioned on their mobile site....so I lose.  The Ritz is running a special right now with bonus points with each stay - I lose out on that also.  Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I used my Ritz Carlton card for payment and did not get the $5 for $1 either because they have it coded as a "non Ritz Carlton" purchase. 

mrbmbrown Platinum

OMG. I am so sorry that happened to you. I think the "sister" properties area is one where MR has some serious shortcomings. Good if you want to use points, but not if you want to earn or get your Elite benis.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Based upon the additional fees and taxes (which to me are unreasonable), I would never stay here!!!!  To many other options without all this incremental fees!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...