9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2016 2:08 PM by j&c RSS

Which Travel Bloggers do You Read?

mrbmbrown Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So, I have been following a few in the past few years and now I am curious if I am following the right ones. On my subscription page on my mac, I have View from the Wing, The Points Guy, and Travel is Free (though they don't post nearly as often as they used to). I used to follow Mommy Points (even though I have no kids).

Some of these I find useful for late breaking information and deals. Some I find are simply pushing credit card applications through their sites to generate revenue...

I am curious, which ones am I missing, which ones are up and coming... whom do you read?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Germany
  • Re: Which Travel Bloggers do You Read?
    corrie1013 Platinum

I guess who I read depends on the information I'm looking for.  I like Points with a Crew, Mommy Points and Miles for Family...as you can see, I'm looking for information about traveling with families...specifically where they go with their families and how they get there.  I also like Mommy Points because she's based in Houston and I can relate more to that market than others (I'm in San Antonio).  But then, I also like to scan Boarding Area just see what's going on elsewhere.  I usually don't read most of the articles published, but scan the headlines for anything that catches my eye.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mrbmbrown Platinum

Great comments. When I travel with kids - it is when I bring along my nieces and nephews. Since the wife and I are Disney Vacation Club members, we tend to do Disney a lot... cruises or otherwise.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

So many travel blogs, so little time!  I don't travel for work, so most of my getaways are with family.

Some of the blogs I like are:

• Travel Codex
    • Travel Mamas
    • Traveling Canucks
    • Adventurous Kate
    • Out of Town Blog
    • Mommy Points
    • Johnny Jet
    • Will Travel for Food
    • Travel with Bender

I tend to scan the articles and read what I find of interest. 

702rugbyref Platinum

FLyerTalk and Points Guy

j&c Platinum

Me, too! C

Platinum

Loyalty Lobby

FlyerTalk

MarriottOutsiders (coming soon!)

702rugbyref Platinum

Marriott Outsiders

kestrel Gold

I've found a similar problem as you, mrbmbrown. I've been a reader of TPG, ViewFromTheWing and Flyertalk for while now. Problem is; the more I read them, the more I find their "valuations" to be extremely generous and most of the articles bear the hallmarks of "sponsored content". I'd really like to find a blog out there that offers unbiased info that isn't fed to us by the marketing teams of Chase/Amex/Citi.

I'll have to peruse Mupptewranger's list.

Platinum

Try loyalty lobby - the guy is not bought and paid for like the rest you mention. I rarely even go directly on the site (which does have lot of banner ads), but subscribe to his email which often has news I haven't seen anywhere else (or at least he's first).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...