3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2010 7:30 AM by frankiesesso RSS

Residence Inn Upgrades

jeannieniles Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am a Platinum Premier Member and wonder if anyone knows the policy of upgrades for Residence Inn.   We usually reserve a studio and request an upgrade to a 2 bedroom.    Some hotels readily do this and other hotels say "upgrades do not apply to RI"  OR they will only upgrade us to a 1 bedroom from a studio.

At the RI in Burbank, California I was told they would only upgrade us one level up, i.e., to a 1 bedroom.  I then offered to pay for the 1 bedroom in order to get the 2 bedroom as an upgrade, however this hotel advised "no upgrades to a 2 bedroom".

I would appreciate all suggestions...this is confusing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Residence Inn Upgrades
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"policy of upgrades for Residence Inn"

Greetings Jeannie

Congratulations on Platinum Premier status.  RI and TPS changed policy in mid-2009.  It's not only confusing, the change eradicates Marriott's Elite Membership Benefits policy of complimentary upgrade based upon availability at these two brands in particular. Thanks to Insider, Superchief there is an active discussion about that here

Also, there are additional thoughts on the subject in this discussion:

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jeannieniles Platinum

Just called the Residence Inn Irvine, California to inquire about the upgrades.   I was advised that upgrades to a 1 bedroom might possibly be available.   I asked if there was any difference in upgrades from an "elite membership to a platinum premium".   They said no.....everyone was treated the same.

And I was SO EXCITED about making Platinum Premier.

frankiesesso Platinum 5 Reviews

Rumor has it 2010 that MOST rIs will not be doing 2 bedroom upgrades ANyMORE

also, if you are using points your chance to upgrade is even worse.

Something Marriott is trying it out this year an dit sucks--they say its due to the long-term committments they have at RIs but let's face it--if u are staying a weekend and its available - just give the upgrade--BAD POLIVY

Which RI?

Beware the WORST OFFENDER is the TREASURE ISLAND RI - they are RI snobs - they would rather turn u away then give an upgrade!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...