2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2016 2:50 AM by kpwphxlad RSS

Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville during Holidays

benbuck6 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Wondering if anyone has experienced this? I am familiar with the hotel as I stayed there in the mid 90's as a college student but was wondering what goes on during the Holidays. My 2 older kids play basketball for their school and our Holidays are filled with bleacher seats and HS gyms but we do get some days here and there to get away and our city's airport recently secured an airline to fly out and return flights every day to/from Nashville and Dallas fairly cheap...opening up some new travel opportunities.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Nashville, Tennessee, USA Gaylord Hotels Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
  • Re: Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville during Holidays
    thekey Gold

We stayed there during holiday season (December) and it was beautiful. We had a great time. The place is decorated beautifully.  You'll take a lot of pictures. We didn't rent a car but took taxi to hotel. There was a Rockette show at Old Opry that was great. That show, after many Christmas season, is gone and has been replaced with another one. Good pizza place, burger restaurant on site but other restaurants were very expensive. We walked a short distance to a shopping area that had a Shoney's, other restaurants. Walked to breakfast. The hotel also has a shuttle going downtown but it was cheaper and easier to get a taxi. Great restaurant called Demos. Very reasonable and good food. There's a series of bars downtown. We went to a place called Honky Tonk Bar. Lot of fun. There is a Johnny Cash and Country Hall of Fame Museum. I was silver at the time and because my room wasn't ready,  we agreed to take a parlor room (very large and great view with pull out couch) ) and they upgraded me to platinum for a year. I've stayed at the hotel several times over the years. They do charge a resort fee. Have a good time! We did

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville during Holidays
    kpwphxlad Gold

Been there for work conventions twice in the last four years in December. The hotel is gorgeous. Expect a lot of random people wondering around and larger than normal crowds, but I would definitely recommend it.

Lots of Xmas decorations and themes throughout. Good food/bars inside as well. Would definitely recommend for a weekend.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...