12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2016 9:56 PM by mikiegfla RSS

Need Suggestions - Budapest & Prague Marriott or Boscolo

droma Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

In an earlier post I discussed cancelling my Paris & Nice honeymoon due to the current threats in France.  I was able to rebook to Budapest and Prague and am extremely excited!  Has anyone stayed at the Marriotts / Boscolos in each city.  I am leaning towards staying at the Marriott at both but would appreciate any suggestions or information.

My reasoning for leaning towards Marriotts is that in Budapest it is on the river and I've heard it may be the best lounge in the world.  In Prague, it is in a bit better location for walking to Old Town and Wencellas squares.

Please share any tips!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need Suggestions - Budapest & Prague Marriott or Boscolo
    ozmodiar Gold

Spent 4 nights at the Prague Marriott two years ago and loved the location. Perfect for walking, close to the spots you mentioned (really you can walk the whole core of Prague pretty easily), and also has a Metro stop very close by if needed for getting around farther afield. There was a little market in the square just next to the hotel, and the Municipal House (a beautiful concert hall) is right there and has classical music many nights. The CL is not that big, but food was good, and I arrived (via overnight train) around 9:00 AM and my room was ready which was a nice bonus.

Didn't stay overnight in Budapest, but the Marriott location does seem just about perfect and would stay there if I was to head there again.

You should love both cities - Prague was great and I want to go back. If you like medieval style cities, consider a day trip to Cesky Krumlov - very scenic old town.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

droma Platinum

Great tips!  The city you mentioned looks beautiful, that will definitely be added to our list.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I second everything that ozmodiar said about the Prague Marriott property and Prague in general. We stayed in 2013. Perfectly located and a very solid property with a solid CL.  You're gonna LOVE Prague!  Great substitute choice (since you cancelled France) and a warm congratulations on your nuptials.

droma Platinum

Much appreciated pluto77!  I think I'm actually more excited for Prague & Budapest than I was for France.  Paris is a city that you can always go back to once everything calms down in the world and it isn't to difficult to plan, but I know these two cities will be something really special.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

While I do not have any recommendations to share, sounds like this is going to be a great trip for you droma!  A few of my close friends have traveled to both of these cities recently and had nothing but good things to say, so I'm sure you'll enjoy as well.  Don't forget to fill us in after your trip.  

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

The CL at the Chain Bridge Marriott is definitely in my top 5.  I loved the offerings and the view, although the view was only slightly better than the one from my roo.

Great facility and great location.  I recommend this hotel very highly!

homoviator Platinum

I was about to go to Prague next weekend but decided to stay closer to home.  I was about to stay at the Autograph Boscolo because it has great prices that included its pool/sauna that looked really interesting--I'm not normally a pool/spa person, but the pics looked cool.  Also, the location of the Boscolo looked great for us since we'd be coming in by train.  I loved everything about it, but by the end of the day, I realized that some in my party weren't going to enjoy themselves and for the $ I figured I'd wait until we'd all enjoy it.

fsulaw1 Platinum 2 Reviews

I Stayed in both cities at the marriotts in 2014, and I loved both!  Locations are terrific as are the lounges!  The fitness center in Prague is actually a separate facility in the basement that guests can use.  I recommend both!

kurtzie Platinum

I stayed at the Boscolo in Prague and Budapest last summer. I think your decision will come down to your preference of location or unique hotel. I didn't stay at the Marriott in either city, but did see them. They are both in a great location that's right in the heart of the city. The downside is that they are both "standard Marriott". That's not a bad thing, but it a little boring.

The Boscolos were both located just outside the main tourist drag, but were truly beautiful and unique properties. They are incredibly convenient to the main train station in each city, and a brief walk into the tourist areas. What I really LOVED about the Boscolo was how unique it was. In Prague the Boscolo seems to have had a bank in it at one point. The rooms are in a "old" or "new" section with basically the same furnishing. The "old" rooms have very unique charm and architecture, and the "new" rooms are a bit larger with a more modern feel to the layout. A couple cool things about the Prague property are the lounge which is located in an old bank vault and the pool, spa, and sauna in the basement, which was great after a long day of walking the city.

The Boscolo in Budapest is even better. The building's exterior and interior architecture is absolutely gorgeous!! It too has a new and old section. The new section is slightly larger rooms with a more modern feel. The old section has the unique old world charm with high ceilings and unique touches. The New York Cafe is the hotel's restaurant, and is consider the #2 cafe in the city. That's where you will get breakfast if you are Gold or Platinum.

Overall you can tell I'm skewed to Boscolo. As a platinum member for years, I've stayed at a lot of Marriott properties. I pretty much know what to expect at any Marriott chain, and I must say I was truly surprise by the unique beauty of these properties. I was also able to get upgrades in both properties despite visiting during the summer, which is peak tourist season. Boscolo may be my favorite Marriott sub-brand as I loved these properties and ones in Milan and Rome.

ozmodiar Gold

I went back and forth on the Boscolo or Marriott in Prague, having stayed at a Boscolo in Rome (no longer part of the Marriott family) and really liked it. Ultimately the Marriott was less expensive and a little closer to things, but it isn't as if the Boscolo in Prague is out of the way, it is probably only 5 minutes from the Marriott. I agree with kurtzie that the Marriott is pretty standard while the Boscolo's seem to have a bit more "charm". Probably can't go wrong at either though.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I stayed at both properties and only have nice things to say about them. As others mentioned, the Prague Marriott is centrally located and near some great restaurants. While it has a very good lounge, it doesn't compare to the one at the Budapest Marriott. It's located on a high floor and has a very large outdoor seating area. The spread was great and the hotel as a whole is a real winner, especially its location.

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...