1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 13, 2016 2:06 PM by mrbmbrown RSS

JW Marriott Cancun- on points

corrie1013 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all!

Between my husband and I, we are very close to having enough points for a room + air 7 night travel package.  I'm thinking that we will use it to take our girls to the JW Cancun for spring break next year.  I've checked their site and there are reward rooms available for our dates, but I also noticed that every single room option has not only the amount of points for entirety of our stay, but also an additional cash amount (or additional points amount).  This is for the regular guest room...and the suites.  Do the rooms at the JW Cancun always cost more than what the points are supposed to be or am I missing something?

Also- if I decide to use the 7 night cert for this stay, would I then have to pay additional money as well?  I'm just confused....

Thanks for any help!

Corrie

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: JW Marriott Cancun- on points
    mrbmbrown Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Corrie,

That property is notorious for adding $ to a points only reservation. I don't know when you are going, but I took a quick look and this is what I found....

Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 8.04.26 PM.png

So, it looks like you can get the property for 200,000 points for 7 nights (counting the 5th night free) for an Ocean View Balcony room. If you are looking to book the combination, be sure to consider cashing in for United Miles if that works in your plan as you get a better conversion rate and remember that once you convert those points to miles - they are gone. You can still get the room cancelled per policy, but the points for the air miles are gone!

DM me if you have further questions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...