9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2010 11:41 AM by pltnmprincess RSS

Now THAT's what I want to hear.....

pltnmprincess Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I arrived at the CY Naperville this evening to check in, and the conversation went something like this:

"Welcome Mrs. _______.  Your Platinum Premier number is in our system and we want to thank you for your business."

I  said "Thank you.....by any chance is there an upgrade available?"

She said "Of course! And its on the first floor as you requested.  I will give you the Platinum bonus points AND you can also have anything non-alcholic from the market."

That's the way to make a loyal customer feel appreciated.  Great Job!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Now THAT's what I want to hear.....
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"She said "Of course! "

Outstanding!  Congratulations.  Did you request slippers?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Dear Princess:

I think the word is getting out about recognizing frequent stayers and congratulating them.  This relatively small gesture is an anticipation of service to the customer level that has been lacking in some properties over the years.

I recall a dispute (three years ago) with an associate over the use of the Concierge Lounge, access to which I was entitled but almost denied since I was not paying the full rate!  Disputes like this leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth and color the hotel for that stay.

Great news that the changes are to our collective advantage and that our loyalty is being rewarded.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I should've stayed at the CY Naperville instead of my used-to-be favorite the West DM Marriott.  I'm glad along with the others that you had a very good experience there.  So, let me contrast that with my recent check-in encounter at the West DM Marriott.  Upon approaching the counter, the desk clerk said, "name please," to which I replied with my last name.  She then said, "we have your marriott rewards number on file.  Would you like the points?"  I said yes.  She then gave me my room key and I noticed that I was on the 6th floor.  I asked if there was any upgrade available --- answer, no, sorry.  I asked if they could honor my preference for a higher floor --- answer no, sorry, that's all we have available -- we're full.  So, I handed the key back and asked the clerk to cancel my reservation since I knew I wouldn't be satisfied with that room assignment.  She continued to explain that there was nothing else available and even summoned a supervisor who told me the same thing.  And I told him the same thing...cancel my reservation and I'm heading to the Sheraton.  They did, and I did.  Point is, of the more than 150 nights stayed in Marriott properties last year, more than half were at the West DM Marriott.  Everytime I have stayed there for the past 10 years or so, I've been upgraded at least to the concierge lounge floor (8 and 9), and on many, many occasions to a suite.   I personally have my doubts that this hotel was full, but have no way to prove otherwise, except that the parking lot did not indicate that.  So, I walked.  And I'll continue to do so every time.  So to the point of being welcomed, I expect that after 75 nights there last year and having been checked in by this particular desk clerk multiple times, a "welcome back" would be in order. 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

NU,

Good for you!

They should have had a great room reserved for you as soon as they say the reservation come into the hotel.  

Most of these hotels are not really full all of the time.

Remember the old comedians joke, "Do you have a room for the President?"  When the clerk say's yes, the comedian say's "He won't be coming tonight, so I'll just take his room"!

Good joke, Jerry.  I've got a feeling my day's gonna get better.

pltnmprincess Platinum

NU - sorry to hear about your experience.  You would think that they would have had the red carpet rolled out for you.  After you walked, did you receive any correspondence from the supervisor or manager?  I would hope that they would contact you and try to make amends - offer you the Prez suite next time.

Jerry - I am going to try that line the next time....;-)

Yeah, I was floored at being treated so well.  When she ever said "of course" to my question if the upgrade was available, (like I was ridiculous to even ask) I thought, Wow, this is how it should be.  Up until this experience I was thinking of calling MR to tell them to take me off the Plat Premier list and just leave me as platinum.  I really didnt see a difference and I may need those extra 25 rollover nights for 2011.  Being treated so well is making me re-think that.

Nope, not a word from anybody at the hotel, but then I haven't corresponded with them about this incident either. Still kind of disgusted. I suspect the desk clerk or supervisor didn't say a word about the incident to the front desk manager much less the GM.  This is a first at the West DM Marriott so I'll be back, but guaranteed to walk again unless I'm completely satisfied.  By the way, the Sheraton wasn't that great either, but I slept good.  There are other Marriott choices in the area including the Renaissance I've spoken about before.  So we'll see...

ncrunner Platinum

It's always nice to have the FD acknowledge you and your profile requests.  Do you stay at that hotel often, or was this a one-off stay? 

pltnmprincess Platinum

ncrunner,

Actually I had only stayed there once before because I really dont like CYs.  The staff was great, but the hotel was jammed that time and an upgrade was not available.  In fact they werent even going to honor my request for first floor, but after some discussion they did give me the last room available on the first floor.  This room didnt have any heat so they wound up moving me to the 2nd floor anyway.  The staff came and helped me move my bags up to my new room and gave me 1000 bonus points for my trouble.

I dont think they remembered my previous trouble, unless they put a note somewhere.  It definitely was not the same agent both times. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...